Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Here is an interesting question. This HAS to impact the luxury goods market which includes bass boats. Will this push manufacturers like Ranger among others to offer heavier rebates to stimulate demand and keep lines going?

2. Member
    I would wait to buy a boat,car/truck or anything along that line as if the global economy keeps slowing deals will appear.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruger04 View Post
    I would wait to buy a boat,car/truck or anything along that line as if the global economy keeps slowing deals will appear.
    i hope this is true but unfortunately means waiting to see what appears far after the fishing season starts.

Here is a link to an article after or during the 2008 financial crisis. Manufacturers responded with rebates.

http://www.bassfan.com/news_article/...s#.XCMLvRZlCEc
    Last edited by BoilermakerRT178; 12-25-2018 at 11:05 PM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    I've been watching the high risk defaults for awhile. As noted, it ain't over.
    But for today, we can breathe easier. The market is closed ... < 650 points.
    Once again ... position is everything. Dow > 2.91% and I'm down > 0.69%.
    I'd suggest NOT buying the dip, unless you can guess the correct one.

I'm not going to try and time the dip. I'm just going to keep averaging in like normal and the dips will time themselves.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilermakerRT178 View Post
    Here is an interesting question. This HAS to impact the luxury goods market which includes bass boats. Will this push manufacturers like Ranger among others to offer heavier rebates to stimulate demand and keep lines going?
    The problem is, if you get to the point where we are having another financial crisis then people start wondering if it is safe to buy a boat at any price once all of the layoffs start. It is a tough game to win unless you are insulated from the effects of a drastic downturn.

6. Member
    With the world economy slowing PE ratios must come down.The S&P needs to fall to around 1500 just to hit fair value but with a slowing economy that number could be lower Now we are way oversold so the right news could see a strong rally but I would sell that rally as the bubble has popped and lower prices are ahead for 2019 at least till the fed lower rates and starts QE again.The market can not normalize without a total collapse.Look what just 2% rates are doing,no way 5-6% can happen.Beware of a reset which may be the only answer to get back to normal rates.The rules have changed again.Not every correction is a buying opportunity.History has shown us it can take years to rebound and only printing of mass money can change that so anyone buying is counting on the fed doing massive QE.Good Luck

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    The problem is, if you get to the point where we are having another financial crisis then people start wondering if it is safe to buy a boat at any price once all of the layoffs start. It is a tough game to win unless you are insulated from the effects of a drastic downturn.
    We have already entered the next financial crisis and most will see this soon.The best deals don't happen till later in the crisis not at the start so patients will pay off and that goes for cars,boats,real estate all those items will be on sale.Forclosures, repo's are where the deals are.Good Luck

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruger04 View Post
    We have already entered the next financial crisis and most will see this soon.The best deals don't happen till later in the crisis not at the start so patients will pay off and that goes for cars,boats,real estate all those items will be on sale.Forclosures, repo's are where the deals are.Good Luck
    Agreed that patience will be key for a great deal....and for the market overall as well.

9. Banned
    The market was overpriced as it was.
    Some of this correction is just a reaction to overpriced stocks.
    Will there be rebates given by the big boat companies? First the economy itself needs to face a downturn (job loses, etc). We've seen the stock market turn down before, but the economy as a whole kept chugging along.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin08 View Post
    Looks like those calls were not confidence building. Why would he do this, plus why would the fact that he did it become public knowledge? It is just one mistake after another!
    It's guaranteed that he's smart enough to NOT make any phone calls public knowledge by his own choice.

11. Member
    Market is giving us a bounce today. We’ll have to see what it does between 2-3:00 pm today, then in the day’s going forward. We still have the tariffs and Brexit looming. I’m betting we will have a “News Alert” right after the new year that the tariffs are going to be increased.

12. Member
    With the market as unpredictable as it is at this time investors are looking for a silver lining such as they are today. Tomorrow someone could sneeze or cough a certain way and the market could drop 500 points in a session. There is a lot of factors that are in play at this time that keeps the market from having any stability from one day to the next.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

13. Member
    Somebody forgot to turn the machines on after Cristmas. That is why we went up

14. Member
    sheesh - I started a thread 10/17 asking what I should do with an unexpected pension disbursement. I submitted the paperwork, and due to their processing timelines the check won't come to me until the 5th of January.

Amazing how much the market has changed since then.

So back to the OP's original question about being good opportunity for a newb investor - I'm that guy.

15. Banned
    The S&P was up 5% today. Unfortunately, the few times it went up that far in one day since 2000 led to a big drop in the following days/weeks.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova Kaw 650 View Post
    The S&P was up 5% today. Unfortunately, the few times it went up that far in one day since 2000 led to a big drop in the following days/weeks.
    I hope you are right. I have some low ball orders in on Verizon and Boeing.

17. Member
    Buckle up boys.

18. Member
    Yep that Apple warning is going to send some shockwaves through the market tomorrow.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    Yep that Apple warning is going to send some shockwaves through the market tomorrow.
    Big miss!!

20. Member
    Pretty big downhill slide today.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast