Thread: Z-7 owners??

Z-7 owners??

I have a Z-7 that has the hooked hull and I'm goin to try and fix it but would like to know from others with a known good hull. Is it completely flat all the way back to the transom?? Any pics with a straight edge from the transom forward would be great. It seems to have more the farther out it goes. Not sure if that's built into the hull or if it's supposed to be flat too. Thanks for any help I can get!!

I’m wondering if you cannot find a Z7 with a blown motor for about the same price as fixing up the one you have.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    They will replace the hull but they want to split the cost of it and that's $4000 for my part. And still no warranty

I would still go that route. A hooked hull that is fixed may or may not run properly. $4K suxk but you would have a good hull.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

5. Member
    My Z7 hull hooked pretty bad also (2013 model). Nitro replaced free of charge with a Z18 hull and new tandem axle trailer. The dealer in my area just removed the motor and trolling motor and installed on the Z18.
    If the thunder don't getcha, the lightning will.

6. Member
    I asked them about doing that and would gladly pay the difference at that point but they said this is the only option, take it or leave it!!!

7. Member
    I even asked if they would put it toward a brand new boat, wanting to buy another product of there's after having this situation and she said no others offers on the table. U would think if I was offing to purchase a new boat they would work with me on this!! They are leaving me no other options than to buy a competitive boat. I know I'm only one person and they could care less but that's a lot of money I was willing to spend with them again after a really bad experience. I'm thinking some you tube videos might be in order to warn others of what they might be getting into with a boat like this!

8. Member
    Who are you talking to at White River?
    Did you buy the boat new?
    The warranty department sucks try buying a new z19 the hull cracks in 2 months and they patch repair it so then it cranks in the same place again this year. I paid 40k for a boat that was not right from the factory and they still refuse to replace the hull.
    So if they are replacing everyone else's hulls for being hooked than why not yours?

9. Member
    Badman1 You could just buy my Z7 thats already had the hull replaced.

10. Member
    I am the 2nd owner but it was a few months out of the 5 year original purchase. I understand they don't have to do a thing and they offered to do 50/50 but I deal like it's a known manufacturing prob they had. The boat I bought looks like brand new only had around 40 hours on it. It's not like it was misused and if was a few months earlier it would have been taken care of fully. Just really disappointed because I do love everything about the boat.

11. Member
    Same here I love mine too. But if white river treats people the way they treat mine not good for them. And there is a lot of guys I fish with that are nitro owners and are watching and waiting to see what happens to mine.

12. Member
    Second owner of a boat out of warranty,I think they made a pretty good offer. They could have told you to suck wind,I know that's a lot of money but still a fair offer on their part.

13. Member
    What year is your boat?

14. Member
    2012, I'm goin to try and fill the void in the hull, but I need to see what a good hull looks like if anyone could get a couple pics of a good one. There is also a small lip right at the transom and I'm guessing that is supposed to be there but any help I can get I would appreciate.

15. Member
    I’d ask more in depth of what there fix process would be. If they drop it in a new hull shuck out 4000$ in a hurry. Depending on what they said I’d consider it. My hook cost about 35K but I got warranty now. They wouldn’t even talk to me about fixing and me offering to pay. They had a bad thing happen I get it, hands down I tried not to buy another boat but you can’t beat the nitro for the price. I looked at every comparable boat and they can’t be beat if they hold up. Now if money is not a problem ranger up, legend come on. Poor boy dreams under 35 nitro wins.

Fishability and storage keep your skeeters, tritons and rangers. I might eat crow in rough water but I don’t fish it so I’m tickled with my new nitro.

I talked to several good fiberglass men around the area and all of them said they be afraid to fill it that much. Just hate it for you. I know how your feeling.
    2022 819 Pro
    Merc 200 4S, 10” zlock jp, 4.0 P2P
    Garmin 93sv, Garmin Force
    72.0 @ WOT 50wt 1 person full load.

16. Member
    I've found out the hard way. I was going to buy a new Phoenix but hey lots of friends are running Nitros so I will buy z19. Boy was that ever a mistake. Owned the boat 2 months the hull cracks send it back at the end of the season for WARRANTY REPAIR, then got it back one week later sent it back again cause how poor of a job they did and just sanded the cracks out by doing that they sanded the hull so thin you could see daylight though the hull. I get the boat back again and you could see the place where they just sprayed a 2ft area over the thin spot then added fiberglass to the inside rod locker. So guess what so I got it back in February and the hull cracks again by July in the same spot. I've been on the phone since Oct and my boat is still sitting at the dealership waiting. Never again will I buy a white river product. I paid 40k for a piece of shit and it's no big deal to them.