52" OR 45" ON 21XD?

I CRAPPIE FISH ABOUT AS MUCH AS I BASS FISH ANY MORE. I MISS MY REMOTE CONTROLLED TROLLING MOTOR I HAD ON MY BIG ALUMINUM BOAT. I AM GONNA GET AN ULTREX FOR THE BULLET. I HAVE A 45" MOTOR ON THERE NOW AND NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS. IF THERE IS NO ONE ON THE BOW AND THE TROLLING MOTOR IS RUNNING, WILL MY PROP COME OUT OF THE WATER? DON'T REALLY WANT THE SHAFT ANY LONGER THAN IT HAS TO BE. ANYBODY WITH EXPERIENCE IN THIS SITUATION? THANKS, SCOTT

2. Member
    I have the 45" ultrex on my bullet 21xrd, and I don't have it adjusted all the way down probably up 12" from lowest possible adjustment and I don"t have any problem with it when I stand on the back deck an I am a Big Fellas 6'2" 295lbs. I to crappie fish and tournament bass fish and the 45" 80lb 24v ultrex is plenty of trolling motor. I spider rig for crappie November thru January and bass fish February thru October.

3. Member
    If you're not having problems now I don't see why the ultrex would be any different. I went with the 52" ultrex when I switched because my previous trolling motor was a 45 and I had hell when fishing open water in the wind. I don't regret the 52" at all and when I get my new boat in a couple weeks it will have a 52" ultrex on it as well.

4. Member
    I have the 45” on a 21xrd and It does fine I’ve fish some really rough water and does good.
    Bullet 21xrd Mercury 300xs

5. Member
    THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLIES. I WAS MOSTLY WORRIED ABOUT THE TROLLING MOTOR RUNNING WITH NO ONE ON THE BOW. IF THE WIND BLOWS HARD ENOUGH TO MAKE WAVES THAT GET THE PROP OUT OF THE WATER, I'LL BE HEADED TO THE RAMP! I WAS WORRIED THE BOW MIGHT RISE A LITTLE. THANKS AGAIN

6. Member
    I had a 45 and went 52 and haven’t looked back. Really pleased.

I need more than 45in for the Great Lakes. I went to a 50in

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html