Pool 14 Crappies

Anyone been fishing for crappie around pool 14 with the river still open? If so how’s the bite???

My good friend is the park ranger at Rock Creek. Call him. He talks with the fishermen a lot. He'd probably be able to tell you what's going on.

3. Member
    Most everyone I know have been walleye / sauger fishin. I would think you could catch some slabs about now.

4. Member
    Yeah they have been catching sauger and walleye at lock 14 here. Sometimes its nice to try and get into some crappie and break free of the chaos at the dam!!

5. Member
    Bumper boats at the dam is no fun, with the water finally down key wing dams is where the bigger fish are. Rock Creek, and Cattail Slough areas should have some crappies and bass looking to chew on something. Some nice pike in Cattail also. Drum in the 1 to 2 lb. range this time of year fry up real tasty. I just keep the top part of the fillet above the lateral line trim off any dark meat. The scraps are next years catfish bait.

6. Member
    Hit rock creek hard for a couple days and nothing!! Won’t stop me getting back out tomorrow and keep at it come on almost 60 tomorrow!!