USA Rod locker question- Take out the rod organizer for more space?

I have a 2000 zx195c - would taking out the rod organizer set up on each side allow more space but less rod management and if you have done it was it worth it in your opinion? Just trying to get some positives and negatives on doing it?

2. Member
    I'm trying to figure out how to take mine out now.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

3. Member
    I’ve taken them out of all my Skeeters... I keep about 23-25 setups on the left side and all my plastics & extra gear on the right. I keep neoprene rod socks on all my rods with wrap over reel covers and they don’t receive any damage from bouncing around.

4. Member
    They are useless unless you don't have many rods. Find the screws and take them out and use rod socks on your rods.
    2014 ZX190, 175 HPDI
    HELIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G2N

5. Scraps
    Took it out of my Phoenix after a long period of convincing myself I shouldn't. Will never have another one. So much less aggravation without it. Especially if you keep you rods in sleeves and reel covers. Can carry three times as many rods without.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

6. Member
    I've taken them out of my last two Skeeters and just did it with my new one. Gained alot more space, and as others said....carry many more rods.

7. Member
    Best thing I ever did was to take it out. Just too hard trying to get everything out of the tubes. I use rod socks and can carry more rods in addition very easy to get them out.

8. Member
    Based on that I am taking them out anyone want a set of rod locker organizers on the cheap- if so PM me?

9. Member
    On every boat except my current one (2017 LE) I have taken them out. Rod Socks make all the difference in the world.

I am tempted to take them out in this boat as I have a lot of rods and it never seems to work well. I do use the center locker for "current rods" ie the ones I used in practice for a tournament. The starboard side is just for storage of plastics and other items.

10. Member
    I have a 2017 LE what's the trick to separate the rod tubes from the face plate.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shocks22 View Post
    I have a 2017 LE what's the trick to separate the rod tubes from the face plate.
    Unscrew plate and slide it all out as 1 piece.

12. Member
    i took the screws out of mine but couldnt get it to slide out,any tips on this? shouldnt have to take any screws other than the ones in the tube plate correct?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattsuey View Post
    i took the screws out of mine but couldnt get it to slide out,any tips on this? shouldnt have to take any screws other than the ones in the tube plate correct?
    After removing the screws try pushing it down and then pulling out. They can be stubborn. There's a lip on the plate that you have to get below the deck compartment metal rim.

I pulled mine out as well and then cut a piece of plywood like the plate but with two elongated holes (about 8" wide x 2" tall) to help separate the lower and upper rod sections.

14. Member
    thats a great idea