Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Help me with my cell phone battery

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4. It does a great job for me with 1 exception.
    If I try to use it outside in 30-40 degree temperatures the battery is dead in less than 30 minutes.
    Keep it in temperatures above 60 degrees and will last all day. Battery is about 1 1/2 years old.
    Will a new battery fix this problem or do I need a special battery?
    Thanks for help!

That happened with my s4 too. Decided to get a new phone and went to the s7 a couple years ago. It doesn't have that problem.

3. Member
    When I had a phone with an easily swapped battery, I kept an extra battery with me. I'd swap it by mid afternoon as needed.

I wish all cell phones had easily replaceable batteries.

4. Member
    Ive noticed my iphone will go dead fast in cold weather even if i dobt use it. Ive had it go dead with 60-70% charge on the super cold days when i forgot to put it back in my jean pocket and it didnt have body heat to keep it warm. It wont turn back on until i plug it in for awhike and itll still have the 60-70% charge
    They aint got hands, set the hook

I think I need a new battery for my I-phone 5. Where can I get it replaced?

Thanks

6. Member
    Wondering about this as well. Have an iPhone 6 Plus and anytime we’re out hunting below 40 degrees it does the same as described above.

For the iPhone users, apple has batteries for 30$. Call make appt. at apple store, after first of year price doubles
    Mike Wright '07 Ranger 520vx
    Henrico Va./Henrico NC.

8. Member
    Didn’t have an apple store within 90 miles of me. Went to local cell phone repair shop, $50 for new battery. In and out in 20 minutes. My iPhone 6s battery life is great now where it was just shutting off or dying after a couple hours.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin555 View Post

Thanks
    If possible go to the apple store. Their batteries are so much better than the one got from Batteries Plus. The BP's would only last 5 or 6 months but my latest Apple battery is over 1 year old and works like new.

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin555 View Post

Thanks
    Order a battery on Amazon & put it in yourself. It's pretty easy.
    Darrall Dougherty

Quote Originally Posted by 5keepers2 View Post
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S4. It does a great job for me with 1 exception.
    If I try to use it outside in 30-40 degree temperatures the battery is dead in less than 30 minutes.
    Keep it in temperatures above 60 degrees and will last all day. Battery is about 1 1/2 years old.
    Will a new battery fix this problem or do I need a special battery?
    Thanks for help!
    Wow an S4 lasting all day is impressive. I can't hold a day long charge after about a year on any phone. I've used Galaxy phones since the 4 and have the 9+ now. 1.5 years is old for a battery so I would try that if you don't want to upgrade phones. The temperature variable is weird though. I've never heard of that so have no advice on that issue.

12. Member
    Cold weather drains a battery for sure....keep it in your pocket for warmth. I have even put a handwarmer in the pocket with it while duck hunting

13. Member
    I have a Samsung S4 that started this over heating stuff and eating battery life quickly, would be lucky to get 6 hours on a charge, bought a new battery and it seemed to help for a while but back to the heat and high battery usage after a couple of months. Not sure if there is actually a good battery that can be bought. I am beginning to believe that somewhere along the way, the phone manufacture's have developed a hidden program that runs in the background and makes it to where you have to update to a new phone. I did go to the Cricket store and purchase Samsung Prime J3 model as it's a nice phone and it at this point uses about 30% of battery life in a 24 hour period, only time will tell if it stays that way. Will a new battery help......maybe..... it's the cheapest way out. There is a lot of differences between the old S4 and these newer models, so if you are going to replace it be prepared to ask a lot of questions. I am thinking I might have a bad Simm card holder on my old S4 phone as that was the area of my phone that was heating up, I did order a new card holder for a few bucks for the S4 and going to replace it and see if it helps the heat and battery usage.
    Jerry "Rat-L-Trap" Lehman
    Never Enough "Traps"
    Triton TR-21 Merc Optimax 225
    Living Life Large at Toledo Bend

14. Member
    I have a Galaxy S4 and it has the original battery, got it when they first came out was my first smartphone. Battery still lasts all day as long as I'm in an area with good reception. At the hunting camp it probably lasts 12 hours because of searching for reception. Mine shuts itself off once in a while for no apparent reason. I just figured it was getting old and tired like me.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

15. Member
    I have a S4 Active that I replaced the battery. Occasionally the phone will go through the battery very quickly. I have learned to restart the phone and then it will have good battery life.

Batteries Plus on the Beltline $50

17. Member
    Portable battery charger at Walmart for 15$

18. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    1) do so,e time googling your phone and make sure your settings are set up for max battery life. The settings make a huge difference!

2) iPhone 6 & 7s have some issue right now. My daughters 7 is being replaced today because it falls in a defect...I’m getting her 7 and we got her an XR for Christmas.

3) small portable chargers are so cheap these days; a 10kmah powercell is like $30 and can charge your phone 3-4 times.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Wife has a S4, she loves the phone but hates the battery life. She's on her third battery, even the new one won't last 24 hours without charging. My J7 will go an entire week before it needs charging. I need to get her a newer phone...

(606)305-1956

20. Member
    If you are with Verizon,, they are killing the Galaxy signal next December. Was told that the other day by Verizon. I have the same phone but battery will last 2 days. They have a different story for the shut off, but lets face it, its all for phone sales.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast