Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Kayak fishing most wanted ClaytonHaske's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCal88 View Post
    I have been looking into upgrading from my Maxxum to an Ultrex but i cant seem to wrap my head around having to spend $2000+ and then having to address vibration issues.
    Have you fished in a boat with one before? They are amazing!!! Plus, whatever you get for your maxxum, you can subtract that from the total. Its definitely a upgrade I'm glad I made, nothing g like hitting the spot lock button, and not worrying about staying on the trolling motor.

2. Member
    I have a 198P and did the Ultrex upgrade and am very glad I did. Spot lock alone is worth the cost of the upgrade. I have no vibration issues at all. I did install the aftermarket aluminum replacement prop nut that was on my Maxxum which is supposed to cut down vibration.

3. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    We all know there should be no vibration with that trolling motor. You have to start with a new prop and hopefully that will solve your issue. With your boat, being a Ranger, being a tin shouldn’t mean you have to deal with vibration. It’s not a Jon boat! A new prop will most likely solve your issue, if there is a little left then adding a thin piece of rubber between the Tm and hull will elimate it.

Im glad you got her out! I’m sure once you get the Tm nailed down you will be very happy!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

For those that have the noise and vibration be a good test to try the dampening nut setups and see if or how much it helps.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by lineman42 View Post
    On my 198 my 80# MK was giving off vibs. thru the hull, so I put a 1/4" thick piece of rubber cut to the same size as the base and put it between the TM base and the top of the boat, it took about 90% of the vibs. out. Got the rubber sheet a Menards in the flooring dept.
    I think this would work well to reduce your vibration. Once this is added I would add TH Marines G Force Eliminator prop nut which will be a big help on reducing the remainder of your Vibration. On my 80# Maxxum it made a big difference in the noise and vibration of my TM.

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 Optimax, Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 19P
    Minn Kota 70b Thrust Maxxum
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Lowrance Elite 7 TI (Bow)
    Lowrance HDS7 GEN 3 Touch (Console)
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12