Thread: Boggs?

Boggs?

With the continued warmer winter weather I was thinking about driving up to Boggs, can anyone tell me what the water conditions are like right now........down really low? Since I'm in rock throwing distance from Patoka I may just do that but if Boggs looks good I would consider it.

2. Member
    I had a buddy that went down there Monday...they caught quite a few crappie.

3. Member
    Boggs last Sat. Was 3’ or higher up to edge of parking lot. And arms and bays were muddy. 3.5 inches of rain.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    Boggs last Sat. Was 3’ or higher up to edge of parking lot. And arms and bays were muddy. 3.5 inches of rain.
    Thank you, I’ll hit Patoka it looked pretty good today!

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermodude View Post
    Thank you, I’ll hit Patoka it looked pretty good today!
    Glutton for punishment Robert??? Lol. Let me know how you do up there. I don’t think I’ve ever fished Patoka this time of year.

6. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Hope you have some good luck Robert. I've never been on Patoka this time of year either. I have fished Monroe in December, many years ago, with no luck I might add.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    Glutton for punishment Robert??? Lol. Let me know how you do up there. I don’t think I’ve ever fished Patoka this time of year.
    Believe it or not when I can hit the 40 plus degree days and the winds are fairly calm I do pretty well, there is generally a 2-3 hour window especially if the sun is out that I get bit. A couple of years back my partner and I got onto a chigger craw bite that was the best plastic bite we had experienced all season!

8. Member
    Boggs really wouldn’t be that bad to fish as it’s probably leveling off. Today is cold front day. And thinking of hitting Boggs either tomorrow or definitely Wed in front of the next front. Supposed to get really cold after next Thrusday for the next 10 days maybe.

9. Member
    little lake and looks like you did alright at patoka but boggs is never a bad idea.. the numbers that place is still putting out is ridiculous, anxious to see how much more theyve grown this new year.

10. Member
    Lot of pressure on Boggs right now even tho weather is up and down. 2 days ago 14 boats in the morning all fishing for mostly crappies. Trouble with Boggs is they should have give those fish a chance to grow for a year or two by shutting it down. Too much pressure from meat fishermen and amish will keep the fish small as they keep everything they catch no matter what the size is. I never see DNR checking the livewellls as well as a lot of guys camp and clean 2-3 days catch per day and ice them down. I will give it this year and the lake will be raped. Just my 2 cents.

The Amish on boggs are like the Asians at Monroe. They do keep everything.

I had 2 keepers and one short Sunday. Didn't look like anybody else was catching much either. There were 26 trailers in the parking lot when I left at 2:00. Drove past Patoka on the way home and didn't see a soul.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

13. Member
    I was on Boggs also Sunday, had just installed a new 360 and helix Mega 10 DI on front of jon boat and spent 4 hrs playing with it and not fishing. Located a couple schools of crappie in We ft as they were on the bottom told a boat with couple in it. They made the mistake of throwing a couple marker bouts out and commenced to catching a few looked like small ones and other boats move in within 20 ft of them. Caddy Shack all over again. LoL I hate fishing it, but it’s close to work on setting up electronics. Those fish just don’t have a chance to grow.