Thread: Jerkbait color

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jerkbait color

Got a box of jekbaits given to me. Lots of smithwic, storm, Excaliburs,few staysee. Probably 40 all together. I have favorite styles and colors some I'm putting golfers tape on to make suspend. then im going to paint bottoms what's everyones favorite bottom color chartreaue or orange. Thinking of trying a red bottom on one

Orange belly always works well

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

3. Banned
    I personally don’t like a colored belly. I prefer them white unless I’m fishing for smallmouth. Then I like a colored belly.

4. Member
    Thank you gentleman.

5. Banned
    I like a soft tanned belly w a few blond hairs if that helps and maybe just maybe a few where it curves downward towards the back treble hook some

Quote Originally Posted by GZ ONE View Post
    I like a soft tanned belly w a few blond hairs if that helps and maybe just maybe a few where it curves downward towards the back treble hook some
    A nice round bend treble, made of some firm steel-like material?

7. Member
    Trust me, Megabass Vision 110+1 in Table Rock, I catch a Ton of Bass on it in the winter time, caught a 40+lb stripper last winter on the 110 Jr in Table Rock on 10lb test on a spinning rod, that was fun!!

8. Member
    Belly colors: White, off white/bone, orange. Those 3 will cover almost anything in nature.

9. Member
    Love the crown colored one and the one that goes to 14 feet.

White or chartreuse bottom. I really don't like orange

11. Member
    White or orange belly work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    Trust me, Megabass Vision 110+1 in Table Rock, I catch a Ton of Bass on it in the winter time, caught a 40+lb stripper last winter on the 110 Jr in Table Rock on 10lb test on a spinning rod, that was fun!!
    Seems to be a lot of work and an expensive day for such a small stripper. I normally catch mine on $1 bills at night and the smallest has always been over 90 pounds. Back in OK, some of those strippers would tip the scales at 250 lbs!
    2007 Triton TR-21X w/ Pro XS 250
    6" T&H Hi Jacker w/ 2" spacers
    26P Tempest

13. Ken Braun
    I went stripper fishing after a softball game once had her hook good I thought.She came out head shaking got me by the ear. She through the hook and me out. I was dancing on her new carpet with my spikes still on. Man I tore it up. I think my lure had a white belly, maybe a little red on it. To many beers to remember.

14. Member
    Orange bottom is key for Florida

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVE81 View Post
    Seems to be a lot of work and an expensive day for such a small stripper. I normally catch mine on $1 bills at night and the smallest has always been over 90 pounds. Back in OK, some of those strippers would tip the scales at 250 lbs!
    That's just a Nebraska cornchopper who can't stand getting beat by a Sooner!!

16. Banned
    Damn that's a small stripper!!!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bradjames12 View Post
    Damn that's a small stripper!!!
    Maybe it was like a Mini Me Stripper? Small enough to jump out of a normal sized cake

Quote Originally Posted by kickerfish1 View Post
    Maybe it was like a Mini Me Stripper? Small enough to jump out of a normal sized cake
    Like this?

"The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

I prefer a bit more meat on my strippers.......

20. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I prefer hairless...the little blonde hairs would get me in trouble since my wife’s a brunette

On a jerkbait I prefer a softer, more natural colored bottom, the color to be on the sides with a black back.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast