Thread: Latches help

Latches help

I have the slam latches on my 21 phx. A few of them are loose in the holes and spin. There are 2 phillip head screws on back side but these are tight. Any other way to tighten them down ?? Thanks

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    Drew are you saying these need spacers??

4. Member
    It looks like they would need spacers to me

5. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billydonwon View Post
    Drew are you saying these need spacers??
    usually on a aluminium lid there will be a spacer, have you checked the others to see if any have a spacer? maybe they left them off by mistake
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

6. Member
    No I haven’t. I just tried tightening those screws and they wouldn’t tighten. I’ll take it apart and see what’s going on or contact Tim at Phoenix.

7. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billydonwon View Post
    No I haven’t. I just tried tightening those screws and they wouldn’t tighten. I’ll take it apart and see what’s going on or contact Tim at Phoenix.
    let us know what you find for future reference,
    info@drewcraft.com

8. Member
    Just an update. Phoenix sent me 6 new latches. That’s how many were loose. The screws could not be screwed fully into the latches therefore preventing them from tightening. Also would not screw out and had to cut the heads off to remove. The new ones worked fine and I installed a rubber gasket on both sides to help prevent them from twisting. Tim at Phoenix was great and got me the latches very quickly.

9. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Awesome , glad Tim got up fixed up.
    info@drewcraft.com

10. Member
    Sounds like the screws were too long. The assembler screwed things up when they JAMMED the screws in, instead of testing and fixing.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

11. Member
    Screws were right but the threads in the latch assembly were wrong. Therefore jamming the screws in where they wouldn’t turn in or out. Definitely the person assembling it should have noticed the problem. I blame this one on manufacture of latch and employee who installed. Things like this is what makes ya mad when ya spend 70 grand and gives the boat company a black eye. I have no dealer close so I do the repairs myself. Just glad Phoenix ships me the parts.

12. Member
    Ah I see. the threads weren't tapped all the way into the hole. Gotchya.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO