Thread: Fastest motor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    What prop are you running on your setup?

2. Member
    What prop are you running on your setup Bullmerc250?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by superstratos04 View Post
    What prop are you running on your setup Bullmerc250?
    26 fury 3
    2024 Phoenix 721 ProXP/ 2024 Mercury 250 ProXS 4S
    Dual 8ft Power-Pole Blades
    Lowrance Electronics

www.phoenixbassboats.com
    www.mercurymarine.com
    www.power-pole.com
    www.freedommarinecenter.com
    www.bassboattech.com

4. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    The fastest 921 I believe I've seen on here has been Fidgetcranker's. He's running one with a sho in the upper 70's. That said, there's not going to be more than a 1 or 2 mph difference between the pro xs and sho. The 250R may be a little quicker because of the sporty lower but at the end of the day 250hp is 250hp.
    For reference my 721/sho runs 76-78 with 2, full tank, gear, and 4 group 31's(no poles) with a stock prop.
    Good memory Wackyjig! My best one time speed, 921xp with stock SHO was 76.9. I average 74.9 and sometimes more depending on conditions. These speeds are all with full gas, 10' Blades, 4 agm's, with more gear than most carry with 2 guys, plus 40 lbs plastics in front center hatch. I always keep my gear in ready to fish mode. I never run light for speed, it just happens. I have worked hard on my setup, but I just think I got one of the good ones (boat & motor).

5. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbagwell126 View Post
    Someone school me here, what motor will get thr most speed out of a 921? 250 SHO or the new 250 merc 4 stroke?
    To answer this question...I think either motor is capable of achieving best speeds for the 921. Having said that, I wouldn't yet trust the V8. There also seems to be some trouble for some guys (not all) in getting it propped right. My personal belief is that Mercury will make a special prop for the V8 one day like Yamaha did for the SHO.
    Right now, with what I know (which isn't much)...I vote for for the SHO. Not just because I own one, if I thought the Merc is better I would say so.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BullMerc250 View Post
    26 fury 3
    How does it come out of the hole loaded with the 26? I have the same setup with regular batteries and want to get another prop. I have a 24 that runs well but seems like I could go up a pitch or two.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    To answer this question...I think either motor is capable of achieving best speeds for the 921. Having said that, I wouldn't yet trust the V8. There also seems to be some trouble for some guys (not all) in getting it propped right. My personal belief is that Mercury will make a special prop for the V8 one day like Yamaha did for the SHO.
    Right now, with what I know (which isn't much)...I vote for for the SHO. Not just because I own one, if I thought the Merc is better I would say so.
    Man the issue is 99% of the 2019's have a mercury, I did find one for sale with sho, but I'm sure it will be sold by February

8. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbagwell126 View Post
    Man the issue is 99% of the 2019's have a mercury, I did find one for sale with sho, but I'm sure it will be sold by February
    I hear ya! I believe there is a waiting list on both if you order your boat. Longer wait on sho. I think

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12