Registering a boat trailer in LA

So, I bought a boat and I need to get the trailer registered. The lady said I need a itemized bill of sale. My notarized bill of sale only had a space for the value of the boat and motor. No area for the trailer is listed. I asked if I can just write it in and it seemed that may work. Next question, how do I value the trailer? Can I say it is worth $100 and pay taxes on that amount? Thanks.

2. Member
    Put whatever value you want, just don't be too obvious. Don't say a two year old double axle trailer was sold for $20 and you should be ok.

3. Banned
    What to do about my boat that was bought in Kansas but now registered in South Dakota.I will need to register in Louisiana before long.What will Louisiana want?
    I also have a 4 wheeler,lawn tractor trailer that was bought in Kansas what will Louisiana want?
    Sorry for butting in on you but I am not sure what I need to do.

4. Member
    From what I understand, if the boat is currently registered somewhere then you simply bring the trailer registration card and bill of sale. I am not going through the DMV, but rather a tilting place.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    From what I understand, if the boat is currently registered somewhere then you simply bring the trailer registration card and bill of sale. I am not going through the DMV, but rather a tilting place.
    l

Thanks I have all that should be easy.