Thread: True opinions

True opinions

Ok since this is the Basscat forum i want some true feedback. i really like the look of Basscat boats and in particular the Pantera Classic with a 200hp, and would like some thoughts from people that have one. For anyone that has a newer model what are your thoughts on this boat - speed, handling, rough water, how does it fish? Thanks in advance for any input.

2. Member
    Dont own a new Pantera, but bought a 2018 P2. My choices were between a new Pantera Classic and the P2. I looked at both and sat in both and would have been happy with that Pantera Classic but ultimately chose the P2 for the livewell system and garage space. The livewells are important to me living in Florida with our almost 90 degree water temps in the summer. Plus it being 4 inches shorter helps with my extremely tight garage space.

I will tell you this, in the past I've owned a Nitro, a Triton and a Skeeter before buying my first BassCat. I will always be a member of the BassCat family after owning my P2. The construction is unbelievable and the customer service BassCat offers its owners is second to none. Not to mention the trailer is built like no other.

Good Luck!!! Hope you join the family
    Brad Krone

3. BBC SPONSOR
    I was torn between a Caracal and the Pantera Classic due to front deck size. I chose the Caracal based on a larger platform, much better equipment and the 225 HP rating. I really was set on the classic until I checked out the premium model boats, ie. caracal, puma, cougar, etc. night and day difference with the accessories and livewell system. either way, you are going to be very happy with the bass cat brand. top notch service, great dealer network and awesome boats in general. If the classic fits in your budget, its by far the best boat around for the money!!! I just had my heart set on a caracal.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

I've got a 2018 Pantera Classic with a 200/XS on it. I really like mine. It super fast,rides great and the front deck space is unbelievable. I like it so good.....my 2019 should be here any day!!!

I do not own a Classic, I owned a PII and in my opinion it was the perfect Bass Boat.

Light, easy to tow, handled great, incredible hole shot and fast.

I wanted the bigger deck and sold it to buy a Puma FTD (Which I love) but hindsight being 20/20 if i am being completely honest with myself I would have simply stayed in my PII.

I think the wider front deck on the classic may make it the winner for the weekend Angler. However all the features in the premium line are very nice.

No matter what model you pick Bass Cat boats are 2nd to none. Incredible quality and service.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

It is very hard to get a better overall rig than the Pantera II model and 200 HP, if you set your ego aside. It is capable of 70 plus which runs with, or very well against, most 250 rigged competitive brands. The features and fuel available are right there with the need of most. Tackle storage is ample and it does very well with a 24 volt trolling motor. Fishes solid with 2 on the front deck and gives a very dry ride in major water.

The Classic is not a Pantera II, though if one steps back a few inches on the line of men it’s all most need and more. The larger deck is big almost like the Margay and the 3” tandem frame standard trailer is another one that does extremely well as is. It’s that ego and worry module we have that makes some get the 4” frame.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    It is very hard to get a better overall rig than the Pantera II model and 200 HP, if you set your ego aside. It is capable of 70 plus which runs with, or very well against, most 250 rigged competitive brands. The features and fuel available are right there with the need of most. Tackle storage is ample and it does very well with a 24 volt trolling motor. Fishes solid with 2 on the front deck and gives a very dry ride in major water.

The Classic is not a Pantera II, though if one steps back a few inches on the line of men it’s all most need and more. The larger deck is big almost like the Margay and the 3” tandem frame standard trailer is another one that does extremely well as is. It’s that ego and worry module we have that makes some get the 4” frame.
    Well stated. I mentioned earlier I have owned two 20 footers, a Sabre and now a PII. The PII really does everything I need it too. My gear from the 20 footers fit in the PII with no problem. Its also quicker out the hole and fastest to 60 mph. (That's the Ego part. Lol!)
    For me if I needed to go bigger, it would be the Eyra. why? The Eyra doesn't handle big like a Cougar or Caracal. Its the closest your going to get to the PII for a rear tank 20 footer.

As BCB stated.....The Classic will still get the job done and more.
    I was sitting on my pier and had a new Classic come by. It was a father and 3 high school boys in it. He told me he really like it. Said it fished, drove and handled great. It had a Merc 150 on the back.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post

Extremely well said. I appreciate the answer. So from this i gather that the classic will actually run 70, i was maybe a little skeptical even though the owner of a 2018 said his will run 72 and when i just smiled he said lets go to the ramp right now!

9. Mississippi River Rat Kittycat2012's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan123 View Post
    Extremely well said. I appreciate the answer. So from this i gather that the classic will actually run 70, i was maybe a little skeptical even though the owner of a 2018 said his will run 72 and when i just smiled he said lets go to the ramp right now!
    Ive owned many cats but never a classic. That being said A good buddy of mine did and I fished out of it a lot. Yes with a 200 it would run 72-73 consistently and once I saw 75 loaded light. It fished well and was a great all around boat. There’s a brand new one sitting at Dottie’s Marine with a 200 SHO on it now which I garauntee would be a hot little rig
    2023 Basscat Eyra
    Mercury pro team - Humminbird - Bobs - Power Pole - Garmin
    Hammer Rods
    The Tackle Trap

http://www.hammerrods.com/
    http://tackletrap.com/

10. Member
    Those speeds are correct. I run 70 - 72mph with my PII with a 200 Pro XS. That is with 2 people, 1/2 to 3/4 tank of fuel and a 10ft Talon on the back. The classic should be about the same.
    Brad Krone