Lightbulb Value Post: I want to hear from you!

Hello community!

So I am working on creating a program which aims at solving military veterans’ pain points, and I would love to hear your voice and expert opinion.

What are pain points?
    Pain points are basically factors that inhibit a vet’s ability for finding their personal purpose, transitioning careers, and figuring out what they want to do with their life after military separation.

So here is my question to you..
    What among the following prevents an obstacle to post-service vets, or presented itself to you when you hung your uniform in the closet for the last time?

1. You can choose more than one option.
    2. If your answer is not on the list, please add it.

I am looking forward to hearing from you all..this will be a big help!

A) Feeling uncomfortable choosing the right place to live, and the right career for self and/or family.

B) Not having a realistic personal plan for a successful transition into the civilian space.

C) Lack of resources in regards to possible career/trade/school options.

D) Losing motivation and feeling stuck because service exit didn’t work out the way you hoped.

E) Having information overload and so not taking action.

F) Taking less desired choices based on convenience and immediate needs.

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback!

2. Member
    I went to work before I retired, three months of terminal leave built up and a teaching degree. I think most don't have a plan and the the transition services suck in my opinion.

I work with the USSOCOM Care Coalition....we help transitioning SMs every single day. Most transition into lucrative careers. That being said, most of our client base are SOF Soldiers, with TS and TS/SCI clearances...and tend to be self-motivating and planners.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

4. Member
    My “pain point” for veterans has changed over the years. Today I’d say its lack of decent healthcare unless you’re close to an installation. I know SOME VA centers are better than others, mine is rated near the last in the country year after year. After 20 years active duty service, we should have STELLAR health care! As far as I am concerned you can do away with the bloated VA and give every vet a stipend to purchase healthcare.

I am tired of the government making people victims that are dependent on elected officials they have spent years defending. I’ve worked with transitioning military for nearly 11 years, mainly the upper ranks and SOF types these days. From someone who got a swift kick in the butt when they got out with a “good luck” IMO you only get out what you put in. There are about 400,000 programs out there for transitioning military folks. What more can you ask for? Millions of us got a “good luck” and did just fine. Most of us in that generation pay for our disability with our own pension.

Just live up to what we were told on Active Duty.

5. Member
    When I retired in Nov. 1970 there was no transition. I got out went home and went to school for a couple'a years while working part time and then went to work. I never looked back. No problem, no regrets.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    My “pain point” for veterans has changed over the years. Today I’d say its lack of decent healthcare unless you’re close to an installation. I know SOME VA centers are better than others, mine is rated near the last in the country year after year. After 20 years active duty service, we should have STELLAR health care! As far as I am concerned you can do away with the bloated VA and give every vet a stipend to purchase healthcare.

I am tired of the government making people victims that are dependent on elected officials they have spent years defending. I’ve worked with transitioning military for nearly 11 years, mainly the upper ranks and SOF types these days. From someone who got a swift kick in the butt when they got out with a “good luck” IMO you only get out what you put in. There are about 400,000 programs out there for transitioning military folks. What more can you ask for? Millions of us got a “good luck” and did just fine. Most of us in that generation pay for our disability with our own pension.

Just live up to what we were told on Active Duty.
    Probably a good idea, and cheaper than the current system.