Vault Hub Maintenance

My vault hubs are 5 years old and all appear to be working as they should. Temps after long tows are equal on all 4 hubs. What should I check or do @ this 5 year mark?

Quote Originally Posted by unpaulie@gmail.com View Post
    My vault hubs are 5 years old and all appear to be working as they should. Temps after long tows are equal on all 4 hubs. What should I check or do @ this 5 year mark?
    Jack up the trailer and check for play... That's it.
    ​Justin Scott
    Rocket
    Yamaha SHO

Youtube channel... Please subscribe.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp7...VnHj2tQ4BvAaMw

3. Member
    Mine appeared to working as should, and had no play in them also. Had one fail on the way home from the lake one day, almost lost the whole assembly. I removed the wheel and trailered the boat home on 3 wheels, replaced all 4 hubs the next day.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

4. Member
    Does anyone have a parts list for a complete assembly?

5. Member
    I have an owner's manual on them, not sure where I got it!

Here it is!

http://www.marinemastertrailers.com/...uddy_vault.pdf
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jav400SDC View Post
    Mine appeared to working as should, and had no play in them also. Had one fail on the way home from the lake one day, almost lost the whole assembly. I removed the wheel and trailered the boat home on 3 wheels, replaced all 4 hubs the next day.
    Had the same thing happen at the 7 year mark. Luckily I was in the parking lot of Walmart when I noticed before hitting the highway home. I was able to buy a massive ratchet strap that I used to hold up the axle after removing the wheel. I now carry that ratchet strap in my truck so I'm ready if it happens again. I've considered getting an entire vault hub assembly for replacement in case it happens again but I'm not sure it's really a "side of the road" fix (or at least for me I wouldn't think it would be.)

Has anyone changed out the entire assembly in such conditions? Is it feasible to pull off the old, put on the new quickly?
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

7. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dstep0 View Post
    Has anyone changed out the entire assembly in such conditions? Is it feasible to pull off the old, put on the new quickly?
    I think the easiest beside the road fix is a standard hub kit and barring buddy, and large zip ties for the brake caliper if its the axle with brakes, if brakes on both just a spare rotor, barring and barring buddy cap, pump full of standard grease, do a vault swap later back at home.
    done a couple of quick swaps on friends trailers with these https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...e?cm_vc=-10005
    if you tie up the caliper its good to have a c-clamp also to keep the piston on the caliper from pushing out or fix the tongue so the brakes dont engage
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

8. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by unpaulie@gmail.com View Post
    Does anyone have a parts list for a complete assembly?
    https://www.easternmarine.com/em-vau...it-138-116-oil

there is a sticky at the top with a lot of info and part numbers http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=932294
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

9. Member
    THANKS!!!!!!!

10. Member
    Fantastic info Drewtick. Thank you. I have considered being preventative and redo my hubs now. I'm about to hit 7 years.

Single axle, so would you recommend doing them both now? Also, do kits come with adequate instructions? I'd like to learn how do do this myself then carry a spare.

11. Member

12. Member
    Thanks, I'll be looking for complete and accurate manufacturer instructions and specifications. Not how billy-bob did it on his brothers trailer over a 12-pack.

13. Member
    my thanks as well. I tow 1000 miles in May when I bring my boat home from Florida. I will have this full kit in my car when I leave. If I breakdown I don't know that I could or would do it on side of road but at least I'd have the parts for someone to do it after I get to a safe place.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

14. Member
    Thanks for the link I have been wanting to get one also. Maybe I will at least put the bearing races in at the house that might be one of the harder things to do on the road.

15. Member
    Doesn't the Vault hub system have a 10 year warranty? I may be thinking of something else, but that comes to my mind. Or what's left of my mind!
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

16. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I have heard 10 year warranty, and also heard 10 year no maintenance, never had verification on which is correct
    info@drewcraft.com

17. Member
    the front cover of my vault hub booklet says 'no service for 5 years'. and 'do not service without authorized service kit and replacement oil'

the sticker that was on the trailer says on one line ; 'no inspection, no maintenance, no service required \'

then next line down it says; ten year (unlimited milage) warrenty avialable'

next line; 'see owner's manual or call 800-854-1905'

I put that sticker in the owner's manual and I'm looking thru that now.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

18. Member
    last page/inside cover; original limited warrenty-----5 years from manufacture date of trailer---first owner only---first owner can buy 5 year extention within the first year of ownership.

extended warrenty starts 60 days after manufacture date of trailer and can't be transfered to second owner,

extended warranty lasts for 60 months for original owner from the date it begins.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

19. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Just want to thank all involved with this thread.
    This is a great thread with a lot of great info/links that I've saved
    I'm into my 4th season and I rack up a ton of miles every year. I always have a bearing fail in the back of my mind when I travel. Now I feel better knowing I'll be somewhat prepared.
    Good job guys!

20. Member
    Jinxed myself, came home from the lake and had a seal leaking. Oh well, 5 years and 2 months. I'll put a seal in.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4