Water Pump Change Out (Price)

Question?

Im taking my 2015 Yamaha 250 SHO in for service tomorrow. All I’m getting done is the water pump impeller and housing complete, changed out. What kind of cost should I expect with no mechanical surprises. I think the dealer charges $150 / hour labor. A complete water pump assembly on eBay cost about $60. Any ideas?
    ……Ranger Randy 521c

2. Member
    Honestly, there's no way I would be taking it in to only get the impeller changed. Since the lower unit has to come off for that job you might as well do a full service. Sry I can't remember what we charge exactly for it to be done but I'd say between $200 and $250. Our shop rate is $110/hr. I think the complete assembly with housing and plate etc...will cost more than that at the dealer though. I think it's around $100. Either way I'd do full service and have everything fresh and on same time schedule

Thanks for the reply Tablerockslinger,

I just got back home home from the dealer (120 miles one way) you hit the nail on the head concerning pricing. $120.35 for the complete water pump kit (includes everything needed) and $150.00 in labor for a total of $250.35

I also ask for a engine performance / status check-up via their computer, that cost $50.00, I did recieve a very comprehensive health check and print out. They adjusted my trim indicator for free (Ha-ha-ha) it was out of calibration a bit. So at the end of the day I was very satisfied. Got in some good shopping at the Bass Pro Shop In Shreveport, LA.
    ……Ranger Randy 521c

4. Member
    Glad to hear all went well. Now time to go fishing!

Great point,

it it just so happens we’re spending Christmas week on Toledo Bend. We have this 187,000 acre lake almost all to ourselves!!!! Merry Christmas to you and yours.
    ……Ranger Randy 521c

6. Member
    Nice, sounds like a great time! Tight lines! Merry Christmas