Thread: Jaco Marine ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Jaco Marine ??

Anyone have any dealings with Jaco Marine? Good or Bad??

I doubt you will much negative about them. Good people to do business with.

3. Member
    seem very honest and fair a few years ago I haven't been to the new place

4. Member
    👍
    That is a thumbs up !

5. Member
    Bought my 2005 motor from them, but that's when Barbara and her husband ran it , great people

6. Member
    Bought a prop from them last year great price and service.

Great people. Bought props, no issues.

8. Member
    Under new management but, I have heard no negatives so far. As far as new motor prices, I doubt you will beat their prices.

Bought props from them..always very patient on the phone, and quick service with props. Took the time to give me a quote on a new four stroke with a trade included, didn't end up doing the deal, but the price seemed very fair.

Well,......Don't really want to say anything negative about them. Maybe they are just really busy. Don't know. Seam really nice to talk to over the phone. Have been inquiry about motors. Several motors in fact. New and used & have made several calls to them. And the last few calls is because they have not returned my calls when they said they would. So,,, maybe its the season.

11. Member
    [QUOTE=kybob;9877677]Well,......Don't really want to say anything negative about them. Maybe they are just really busy. Don't know. Seam really nice to talk to over the phone. Have been inquiry about motors. Several motors in fact. New and used & have made several calls to them. And the last few calls is because they have not returned my calls when they said they would. So,,, maybe its the season.[/QUOTE This^ X 2

12. Member
    I've purchased 2 props over the years. Great price and great service both times.

13. Banned
    Jacos is 40 miles from me. When Mr. Jacos retired, he sold the business to his lead mechanic. And they built a new facility about 5 miles out of town. The dealership previously received criticism for low balling other dealerships on price, and they were selling almost 250 Mercury engines per year--most out of their retail market. They were Allison dealers a couple of times, and were very successful racing Allisons. The new owner and his other great mechanic have the reputation of being very skilled at setting up high performance boats and bass boats.

Recently, Jacos has been a little weak on the brands of boats they carry. (Lawrenceburg Marine, the other Mercury dealer down the street, carries much better brands of boats and pontoons.) They stock Lowe aluminum boats and pontoons but are taking on the Charger brand of bass boats which has the Champion hull.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle the new Pro XS four stroke motors. Jacos previously made no bones about it that they wanted purchasers of Verado motors to get their boats factory prepped/wired for those motors. But that was quite sometime ago, and maybe they're more comfortable now with ultra modern wiring harnesses and electronic controls the new big Mercury motors will often have.

14. Member
    Kybob, Borderman it is POSSIBLE they may not have time to answer multiple phone calls and multiple questions from tire kickers. Sometimes it becomes evident that no sale is going to be made and they had rather use their time for more productive contacts.
    I second what Bamaman said. It will take a little time to see if the new owner is as respected and successful as the previous owners.

They are a Charger dealer now.
    I got nothin

16. Banned
    Good dealer.

17. Banned
    Bought and returned a lot of props from them in the past... Good people to deal with... Dan

18. Member
    Never heard anything bad about them around here. Some people have bought motors to repower with.
    Praying for a Cure

Quote Originally Posted by gehol View Post
    Kybob, Borderman it is POSSIBLE they may not have time to answer multiple phone calls and multiple questions from tire kickers. Sometimes it becomes evident that no sale is going to be made and they had rather use their time for more productive contacts.
    I second what Bamaman said. It will take a little time to see if the new owner is as respected and successful as the previous owners.
    K...On the negative comments issue. Simply put...I had a brain fart / forgot myself. Ask forgiveness on this issue. I'm sorry.... On the tire kicking thing, after being burnt a few times, maybe I might be over cautious. Like most bbc'ers on here - I think - Money is not handed to me. I have to work for it & have had to work many years for what I have. Thusly I want to make sure on what I am getting and not get burnt again. And if this is being a "tire kicker" .....Well......I guess I am. Sorry.
    Have a good day & Merry Christmas

20. Member
    Several years ago, bought and had a Pro XS 225 shipped to me in IL. Even with freight, still thousands cheaper than the Chicago land dealers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast