Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2 week post gallbladder removal

Well, the first week post surgery went really well, the 2nd week has kicked my butt and have symptoms of a gallbladder attack everytime I eat something no matter what it is. The pain is about 5 times as bad as a normal attack. Called and have another dr appt tomorrow to see what's going on.

This was supposed to fix my issues not make it worse.

What are you eating .. did you jump right back to eating like you did before surgery .. wife had hers yanked about 2 months ago and still goes real easy on food

Eat lite for a while. I had trouble after surgery. I passed a gall stone and it plugged my bile duct off. That was bad

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duece22 View Post
    Well, the first week post surgery went really well, the 2nd week has kicked my butt and have symptoms of a gallbladder attack everytime I eat something no matter what it is. The pain is about 5 times as bad as a normal attack. Called and have another dr appt tomorrow to see what's going on.

This was supposed to fix my issues not make it worse.
    My fishing partner had his taken out about a month or so ago & he watches his eating big time & did before surgery too, but he still has a lot of problems.

I was not told the side effects after the surgery, I'am 7 months out and occasionally have the attacks that are real bad, every morning I have some small to moderate cramping and nausea, it only lasts for short periods of time though. I was told these would get better after a few months and they havent yet. I just started a new medicine hope it helps. Hope yours improves quickly.

6. Member
    Mine burst before they took it out. Just took it easy. No problems since.
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS

7. Member
    [QUOTE=JerryT;9876346]What are you eating .. did you jump right back to eating like you did before surgery .. wife had hers yanked about 2 months ago and still goes real easy on

It doesnt matter what I eat or how much. I had chicken and rice for dinner Friday night ended up curled up on the bed until Sunday about 1 o'clock. After about the first week everything seemed back to normal and nothing was going rignt through me.

Weird thing is, my urine is pretty dark considering how much water I drink in a day. Also when having attack my urine output is pretty much non-existent.

IMHO I would call the doctor and mention the urine part .. might want to see you today instead of tomorrow

Wonder if you don’t have kidney stones on top of it

9. Member
    My wife had hers removed several years ago. After a year or so she got real sick to her stomach, with throwing up and real bad cramping. She went to the emergency room and they had to go down her throat and remove gall stones.

Two years ago the same thing happen and she had to go through the same procedure again. I brought her home from the hospital and wound up taking her back a few hours later, because it actually got worse. This time they found out she has pancreatitis. She wound up spending eight days in the hospital. Her symptoms were very close to what you are describing, so I would say have it looked at sooner than later. I wish you a fast recovery.

10. Banned
    Scar tissue from gallbladder has caused my 2 different weeks stay in hospital. Listen to your body if its painful go to emergency room.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Scar tissue from gallbladder has caused my 2 different weeks stay in hospital. Listen to your body if its painful go to emergency room.
    What were scar tissue symptoms?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin08 View Post
    My wife had hers removed several years ago. After a year or so she got real sick to her stomach, with throwing up and real bad cramping. She went to the emergency room and they had to go down her throat and remove gall stones.

Two years ago the same thing happen and she had to go through the same procedure again. I brought her home from the hospital and wound up taking her back a few hours later, because it actually got worse. This time they found out she has pancreatitis. She wound up spending eight days in the hospital. Her symptoms were very close to what you are describing, so I would say have it looked at sooner than later. I wish you a fast recovery.
    Going tomorrow at 9:45 to the doctor to see what's going on.

13. Member
    [QUOTE=Duece22;9876452]
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    What are you eating .. did you jump right back to eating like you did before surgery .. wife had hers yanked about 2 months ago and still goes real easy on

It doesnt matter what I eat or how much. I had chicken and rice for dinner Friday night ended up curled up on the bed until Sunday about 1 o'clock. After about the first week everything seemed back to normal and nothing was going rignt through me.

Weird thing is, my urine is pretty dark considering how much water I drink in a day. Also when having attack my urine output is pretty much non-existent.
    Before I had mine removed whenever I had an attack my urine got dark and stools real light in color, but since removal things are fine with the exception some things run right thru me.

[QUOTE=Duece22;9876452]
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    What are you eating .. did you jump right back to eating like you did before surgery .. wife had hers yanked about 2 months ago and still goes real easy on

Dark urine can by a symptom of liver problems. Your gallbladder sits at the base of your liver, so the pain you feel right now might be due to the liver. Sometimes it's hard for certain people's livers to process bilirubin, which breaks down fat, as well as removes toxins. Look into vitamins that help your liver produce bilirubin and aid in fat digestion (i.e. Vitamin B6, taurine, etc.)

Ask me how I know....
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

15. Member
    [QUOTE=Meadows;9876717]

Dark urine can by a symptom of liver problems. Your gallbladder sits at the base of your liver, so the pain you feel right now might be due to the liver. Sometimes it's hard for certain people's livers to process bilirubin, which breaks down fat, as well as removes toxins. Look into vitamins that help your liver produce bilirubin and aid in fat digestion (i.e. Vitamin B6, taurine, etc.)

Ask me how I know....
    Since you told me to ask..how do you know

I had mine removed about a year and a half ago. It solved my problem. I took care of mine before it got bad. Coffee is about the only thing that makes me run to the bathroom, but sometime the urge hits and when it does I need to find one. I used to hate using public restrooms (still do) but I have gotten over it.

Now I will say the first week sucked really bad. Week two sucked but pain was going away or almost gone. I took it easy and slowly tried foods for the first 6 months. if it does not feel right get back to the Dr.

[QUOTE=Duece22;9876720]
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post

Since you told me to ask..how do you know
    Because I suffered the same problems you did, for a pretty long time. The first month or so post surgery was fine, but then I started having issues. I was having problems processing bilirubin, did a lot of research myself as well as visiting different doctors and finally got most of it figured out. I have to take magnesium/calcium and B6 supplements once/day to help my liver process bile.

I'm not saying that's your problem and I'm far from a doctor. I'm just saying....

Also, try to take it easy on bad fats and incorporate good, healthy fats into your diet. Natural animal fats, olive oil, avacado, etc.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

18. Member
    [QUOTE=Meadows;9876820]

Because I suffered the same problems you did, for a pretty long time. The first month or so post surgery was fine, but then I started having issues. I was having problems processing bilirubin, did a lot of research myself as well as visiting different doctors and finally got most of it figured out. I have to take magnesium/calcium and B6 supplements once/day to help my liver process bile.

I'm not saying that's your problem and I'm far from a doctor. I'm just saying....

Also, try to take it easy on bad fats and incorporate good, healthy fats into your diet. Natural animal fats, olive oil, avacado, etc.
    My diet has been pretty clean. That's the thing that doesnt make any sense to me. The stuff that never bothered me pre surgery does now
    Last edited by Duece22; 12-17-2018 at 07:23 PM.

19. Member
    You will need lab work done. I’m wondering if your surgeon did imaging during the surgery to document there was no blockage in or injury to the common bile duct. If that duct is blocked by a retained stone it can cause the symptoms you describe. Elevated liver enzymes/bilirubin/pancreatic enzymes would suggest blockage of this duct after surgery. Sometimes the opening of the duct can spasm and cause similar symptoms. The dark urine could be a sign that your bilirubin is high, which may suggest blockage of that duct as well.
    I’m glad you’re going in to be seen. If your pain worsens, go to the ER. Good luck.

20. Member
    [QUOTE=BigDaddyBassNJ;9876715]
    Before I had mine removed whenever I had an attack my urine got dark and stools real light in color, but since removal things are fine with the exception some things run right thru me.
    Same here! Eat and head to the head!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast