Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Major league fishing??

So I stream TV and subscribed to Fubo TV to get the fishing network. It looks like the MLF that Im watching on Saturdays is 2017 I think? What is the story with getting the most current MLF or is what Im watching the most current? Thanks.

2. Banned
    All are old events. They list as New on my cable network. The networks paid for them so they broadcast. Kind of like Anthony Bourdain. Still on TV even though he is gone.

3. Member
    My Outdoor TV app has them I believe. 10 bucks a month but I think you can download all of them or maybe DVR then cancel after a month. Or maybe just keep it as there is a lot of content.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Walleyeguy456 View Post
    The networks paid for them so they broadcast. Kind of like Anthony Bourdain. Still on TV even though he is gone.
    So you're saying The Bass Pros Shop Tour is on suicide watch already???... Dan

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    So you're saying The Bass Pros Shop Tour is on suicide watch already???... Dan
    Only in the eyes of BBC folk. Which seems to be the normal on almost everything.

Funny MLF has existed in secret all these years. The anglers leave a motel not knowing where they are going. Now it becomes a Big Deal to everyone.

6. Member
    heck the BPT will hardly have any TV coverage.......1 episode per BPT event at the end of 2019 on Discovery. Most of the "coverage" of BPT will be on their live streaming on their website, something they have never done before and BASS does very well. So basically less coverage for the Pros.

Sure, if they make it to the MLF cups they will get a lot of TV time but they will not be able to support any of their sponsors only MLF sponsors.

Doesn't sound like a good deal for the anglers or their personal sponsors. I bet after the first of the year you see some big names being dropped by their sponsors and some "no name" Elite anglers picking up new paying sponsors.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smbass77 View Post
    heck the BPT will hardly have any TV coverage.......1 episode per BPT event at the end of 2019 on Discovery. Most of the "coverage" of BPT will be on their live streaming on their website, something they have never done before and BASS does very well. So basically less coverage for the Pros.

Sure, if they make it to the MLF cups they will get a lot of TV time but they will not be able to support any of their sponsors only MLF sponsors.

Doesn't sound like a good deal for the anglers or their personal sponsors. I bet after the first of the year you see some big names being dropped by their sponsors and some "no name" Elite anglers picking up new paying sponsors.
    I love how those that constantly put down and hate on the MFL league and format seem to THINK they know more about the bass tournament fishing industry than the top pro's that have made their living doing this for years. You ever wonder why 85% of the best in the business went this direction or do you think you know the industry better than the likes of KVD or the other top ranked guys in the industry?

Ever think that just the opposite of the sponsors of the fisherman fishing the other tours and not in tournaments fishing against the top names and well known anglers that have gone to the MLF could be the ones that lose sponsorship dollars as the company does not see the value in spending money for an angler beating Bubba Joe and other anglers that no one has ever heard of?

If I were a betting man I would say that since the majority of the top anglers went to the new tour they know a little more about what is coming down the pike and in their best interest than some guy sitting at home home in his underwear typing on the BBC how they are so stupid and are going to fail.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by v_fourmax View Post
    I love how those that constantly put down and hate on the MFL league and format seem to THINK they know more about the bass tournament fishing industry than the top pro's that have made their living doing this for years. You ever wonder why 85% of the best in the business went this direction or do you think you know the industry better than the likes of KVD or the other top ranked guys in the industry?

Ever think that just the opposite of the sponsors of the fisherman fishing the other tours and not in tournaments fishing against the top names and well known anglers that have gone to the MLF could be the ones that lose sponsorship dollars as the company does not see the value in spending money for an angler beating Bubba Joe and other anglers that no one has ever heard of?

If I were a betting man I would say that since the majority of the top anglers went to the new tour they know a little more about what is coming down the pike and in their best interest than some guy sitting at home home in his underwear typing on the BBC how they are so stupid and are going to fail.

hahaha. man you have drank that Kool-aide huh :)

It's pretty simple and public knowledge for those paying attention. Anglers can only promote their personal sponsors on the BPT, which will have web coverage live and a small airing on Discovery in late 2019. That's it. MLF is totally different and an angler can't promote their sponsors unless that company sponsors the league.....fact.

Why would company X sponsor pro Y when they can only promote them on live web coverage and no where else? Yet with BASS, angler Y will get coverage for their sponsors online, in the magazine, and on the television show. Sponsors don't give a rats a$$ about "competition quality" or whatever you want to call it..............they care about impressions for their brand and coverage of their products in order to sell more product, period.

It's a business, not a charity.

9. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    hahaha. man you have drank that Kool-aide huh :) It's pretty simple and public knowledge for those paying attention. Anglers can only promote their personal sponsors on the BPT, which will have web coverage live and a small airing on Discovery in late 2019. That's it. MLF is totally different and an angler can't promote their sponsors unless that company sponsors the league.....fact. Why would company X sponsor pro Y when they can only promote them on live web coverage and no where else? Yet with BASS, angler Y will get coverage for their sponsors online, in the magazine, and on the television show. Sponsors don't give a rats a$$ about "competition quality" or whatever you want to call it..............they care about impressions for their brand and coverage of their products in order to sell more product, period. It's a business, not a charity.
    Last i saw they were very adamant about no restrictions on sponsorships....have some link to additional information?
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

10. Member
    LOL only took 6 posts for an MLF will fail post to pop up.

I bet after the first of the year you see some big names being dropped by their sponsors and some "no name" Elite anglers picking up new paying sponsors.
    You do realize most deals are done in the fall right?....Start of new budget year etc. I seriously doubt you see guys getting dropped. The guys fishing the BPT, sponsor companies as well as industry people all have been informed well.past the public on the scope and reach that MLF will have. They made informed decisions to sponsor BPT anglers.

12. Member
    hahaha. man you have drank that Kool-aide huh :)

It's pretty simple and public knowledge for those paying attention. Anglers can only promote their personal sponsors on the BPT, which will have web coverage live and a small airing on Discovery in late 2019. That's it. MLF is totally different and an angler can't promote their sponsors unless that company sponsors the league.....fact.

Why would company X sponsor pro Y when they can only promote them on live web coverage and no where else? Yet with BASS, angler Y will get coverage for their sponsors online, in the magazine, and on the television show. Sponsors don't give a rats a$$ about "competition quality" or whatever you want to call it..............they care about impressions for their brand and coverage of their products in order to sell more product, period.

It's a business, not a charity.
    Call it drinking the Kool-aid or whatever you want to call it!

But the facts are that when such a large percentage of the top ranked guys have made the switch I would tend to say that more than a few have had accountants, lawyers and maybe business mangers look over the contract before they signed on the dotted line to switch to the new tour.

I would also tend to say that those same anglers that have sponsorship deals that pay them a decent amount of money also talked with those sponsors that sign those checks as well before a decision was made to go with the BPT.

So when it comes down to it, if you are stupid enough to believe that the top 60 (I only used 60 instead of 80 to only cover the top guys) bass touring anglers in the world that are looking at 6 and 7 figure a year income levels know less than you do then maybe you need to smoke another bowl of that shit because you have apparently fried your brain anyway.

That hate you are showing for the new tour sure makes your intelligence level seem questionable!

Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    Last i saw they were very adamant about no restrictions on sponsorships....have some link to additional information?

You are correct. Only the Cup events will have a few more non MLF sponsor restrictions etc. The information has been out there for a bit on press release and podcasts.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by v_fourmax View Post

Oh hell you could talk brain surgery on here and you would get someone that knew more then the surgeon.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DAC244 View Post
    Oh hell you could talk brain surgery on here and you would get someone that knew more then the surgeon.
    That's the most accurate statement I've seen here in awhile LOL

heck the BPT will hardly have any TV coverage.......1 episode per BPT event at the end of 2019 on Discovery. Most of the "coverage" of BPT will be on their live streaming on their website, something they have never done

Only 850hrs of television coverage.

http://www.majorleaguefishing.com/ar...xpansion/21001

17. Member

18. Banned
    We really need to save this conversation and have it in about 3 years. The only advantages I can see that the pros are now getting over BASS is: they can choose when they have tournaments and they no longer have spectators following them. Now the speculator thing I was on the fence on, until I see every issue of Bass Anlger magazine come out and everytime it has an article from the pros crying about spectators screwing up their jobs.

But yep, if it fails then it’s on them. If it doesn’t then Boyd gets to be the genius.

19. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    We really need to save this conversation and have it in about 3 years. The only advantages I can see that the pros are now getting over BASS is: they can choose when they have tournaments and they no longer have spectators following them. Now the speculator thing I was on the fence on, until I see every issue of Bass Anlger magazine come out and everytime it has an article from the pros crying about spectators screwing up their jobs.
    where is the information on no spectators?
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

Going back to the limited tv coverage, I’m willing to bet more people would rather watch the live streaming content than watch the tv shows anyway. I don’t think I’ve watched a Bassmaster show since the live began. The big question is going to be if the streaming will be free or do they start charging a membership to watch the live stream. Maybe a press release is out there I don’t know.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast