Panoptix LiveScope Question

I have a Garmin echomap plus 93sv mounted at the console. I just ordered another echomap plus 93sv package which included livescope. Is it possible to link the units together so that the console unit can also display the livescope as well as the front? If so is this done with an Ethernet cable?

Thanks for the help!

2. Member
    I just purchased the same set up. Yes, they can share data via the Ethernet cable, but you will need to purchase the GMS10 network port expander box if you plan to use Livescope and share data at the same time.

3. Banned
    you will have to get a black box since it has only one ethernet port. I ask the same question a couple of weeks ago. I have the same setup. I am going to get the GVC20 black box. I am going to have to wait till after Christmas. If I am wrong someone will correct me.

Just out of curiosity because maybe I'm missing something, but if you mount the Livescope transducer on the TM shaft, why would you want it at the console also?
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CHECrappie View Post
    Just out of curiosity because maybe I'm missing something, but if you mount the Livescope transducer on the TM shaft, why would you want it at the console also?
    so the person on the back of the boat can watch. My son fishes with me a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger655 View Post
    [FONT="]I have a Garmin echomap plus 93sv mounted at the console. I just ordered another echomap plus 93sv package which included livescope. Is it possible to link the units together so that the console unit can also display the livescope as well as the front? If so is this done with an Ethernet cable? [/FONT]

[FONT="]Thanks for the help![/FONT]
    As others have noted, there are a couple of options relative to adding another ethernet port. Yes, you can simply add the GMS10. However, if you use Clear and SideVu frequently, you should consider buying the UHD system, which includes the GCV20 sonar box (where you get the additional ethernet port you need) and the GT34 Clear and SideVu transducer.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/pn/010-00351-00

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/618945#box
    Garmin Pro Team

7. Banned
    Todd is the GVC20 wuth the GT34 as good as I have heard? Oh you still down at big Sam? I am getting to go there in April. Looking forward to it.

8. Member
    I don't see a thread on this, but is the UHD really that much better than regular side and down vu? I'm sure it's better, but is it worth the cost? I can always return the expander box and get the UHD system. I don't think it would be worth it for me if it's just clearer.

9. Member
    I’m also wondering how many are mounting the CV or GT transducers on the trolling motor, along with the Livescope transducer, or just letting the Livescope stand alone.

10. Member
    For years I always ran a GT combo transducer on the transom and TM. I don't run one on the TM anymore and don't miss it. Every now and then something will show on the one from the transom while fishing that I didn't see up front. I figure those fish came from behind or from deep to shallow from behind the boat. It's just hard for me to give up the screen space for it up front. I use one unit for everything up front and another for everything on the transom.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.