Panoptix install depth

Installing a PS21-Tr on a pvc pipe. How far under the water would you recommend the ducer to be located?

on another note - if you have any suggested settings for this ducer for optimal performance on a 93sv plus unit. I am all ears.

thanks,

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I'd say a few inches or so under water....i have mine in the middle of the shaft on TM and its not but maybe 2" under the surface.....

You may find that the settings right out the box will be great, at least for me they were, but you can always tweak those settings....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Deep enough that it stays under with waves or a big guy in the back of the boat :)

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    Deep enough that it stays under with waves or a big guy in the back of the boat :)
    Funny you mention that - I am actually installing it in the front mirage drive hole in a Hobie Tandem kayak.
    In that location it still has about 30" of bow to clear(in front of it).
    Of course I will be sitting in the back of the kayak.

Below was my first outing testing it. I played with some settings and it seemed to change dramatically. Eventually reset defaults on everything.
    I think I am going to need a lot of seat time to get this figured out and make a useful tool from it.
    Right now I am trying to nail down proper depth and angle of ducer. From there I have plans to incorporate some way of turning the cone angle from my rear seat position.
    Not a lot of Panoptix video footage in this one. Skip to 4 mins in for an idea of installation and then again around 6:30 for some footage of it in default settings.

5. Member
    I'd suggest starting with a 45 degree mount and go from there. The point is to see the splash when you cast a crankbait. If you can't, the rotate it up until you can. Then I would create a combo screen with 2d very small and the rest of the screen Panoptix. Assign that to one of the favorite keys.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    I'd suggest starting with a 45 degree mount and go from there. The point is to see the splash when you cast a crankbait. If you can't, the rotate it up until you can. Then I would create a combo screen with 2d very small and the rest of the screen Panoptix. Assign that to one of the favorite keys.
    Thanks..