Disk brake question

I have a tandem trailer (master marine) and need to replace a seal that’s slinging grease on the inside of the wheel. I’m trying to remove the disk brake assembly from the axle but one of the bolts is too close to the axel to get a socket on, or a wrench. I noticed there are two other bolts that have Allen wrench heads and are easily accessible. Can these be removed to take off the brake assembly so I can remove the hub?
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

IF you have a UFP DB 35 brake caliper as far as I know it should be the 7/16” 20 1” bolts - two mounting bolts per caliper.
    Heres a link that may be helpful
    http://cartowdolly.com/wp-content/up...B35-Manual.pdf

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP

Quote Originally Posted by TX721 View Post
    IF you have a UFP DB 35 brake caliper as far as I know it should be the 7/16” 20 1” bolts - two mounting bolts per caliper.
    Heres a link that may be helpful
    http://cartowdolly.com/wp-content/up...B35-Manual.pdf
    I believe that’s it The bolts I’m speaking of does have dust covers over them. The bottom mounting bolt is the one I can’t get to.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

4. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    #7 on the sheet right? The recommended torque is 55 ft/lbs so there has to be a way to get a socket or closed end wrench on it. Can you post a pic?
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CHECrappie View Post
    I believe that’s it The bolts I’m speaking of does have dust covers over them. The bottom mounting bolt is the one I can’t get to.
    deep socket with a breaker bar, 3/8 drive. I've done a lot of these this way.

6. Scraps
    May have to tap the socket on the bolt then put the bar on 'er. It'll work.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

7. Scraps
    Bolts with the dust boot those are the slides and I don't think they need to be removed. The two bolts labeled #7 are what need to be removed.
    2017 Phoenix 819

Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    Bolts with the dust boot those are the slides and I don't think they need to be removed. The two bolts labeled #7 are what need to be removed.
    I finally got them out. Ridiculous and frustrating.

Thanks for for all the replies!
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

I finally got them out. Ridiculous and frustrating.

Thanks for for all the replies!
    Ya know, for some reason those bolts on any vehicle caliper are tough to get out. I figure it’s the heat and brake dust that seat them so tight. Happy it all worked out!

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP

Actually they are tough to get out because they have thread lock on threads plus any grease debris gets in exposed threads when backing out add to issue , it’s almost tug war see who gives first the bolt snapping or your patience! I just did mine took long while backing off going back etc making sure bolt didn’t get stripped at head or s snap! Especially the bottom one really close to axle ! Once off I felt like a victory!

11. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by bass2dy View Post
    Actually they are tough to get out because they have thread lock on threads plus any grease debris gets in exposed threads when backing out add to issue , it’s almost tug war see who gives first the bolt snapping or your patience! I just did mine took long while backing off going back etc making sure bolt didn’t get stripped at head or s snap! Especially the bottom one really close to axle ! Once off I felt like a victory!
    I remember a brake job I did a few years ago. Only had the red loctite laying around so used it. When I realized what a big mistake that was (an engineer by trade so why not do it twice) I heated those bolts up, removed them, cleaned them, and reinstalled them with the correct threadlocker.
    2017 Phoenix 819