Gen 2 mega issue

2nd time out with my unit today and after a while anytime you touched a button the water column would disappear and show back up instantly. Well I updated unit to 1.84 and then the whole the bottom got really dark and sensitivity on 20 couldn't wash the image out. So going back to 1.64 tomorrow but wondering what could be causing the water column to go away then come back?

Quote Originally Posted by stratos4life View Post
    2nd time out with my unit today and after a while anytime you touched a button the water column would disappear and show back up instantly. Well I updated unit to 1.84 and then the whole the bottom got really dark and sensitivity on 20 couldn't wash the image out. So going back to 1.64 tomorrow but wondering what could be causing the water column to go away then come back?

I asume you mean while on Side Imaging correct. If you have the same glitch as me, what happens leaving SI normal mode to another page then back to SI, the screen then immediately shows what contour mode would have been, then SI non-contour mode starts graphing on the screen as normal. Correct?

3. Member
    Correct

Maybe it will be addressed in an update, but the way things are going I would doubt it. They can’t even fix the most basic things like traditional sonar, much less any quirks with SI.
    Last edited by Tugger; 12-19-2018 at 05:58 AM.

5. Member
    Truth just wait till winter passes and guys start to use their updated units again
    Nitro z21

6. Member
    Change to imaging switchfire max. With the latest up data the power levels have changed a lot .

7. Member
    I'm new to the humminbird. With the switchfire max correct the si and di being so dark?

8. Member
    Yes , it increase the info on the screen. It “turns up” the power. The lake I fish I have to switch back-and-forth depending on where I am at the lake and how hard the bottom . This is a product of the latest update. If you ask me hb is trying to tame the power of the unit . Mines on the way back to Eufaula to get checked out I still have the jumping depth issues even with the latest update.

9. Member
    Let us know if they say anything about the imaging. I contacted them over a month ago on how it made my 360 useless and got no reply
    Nitro z21

10. Member
    I'm waiting on an email to see what they say it might be causing the issue.

11. Member
    Email is convenient but a call is the way to get your answer pronto. Bob

Wallace your depth jumping is a software problem. Not much they can do to fix that until another update comes out

Go back to 1.64 and only run high chirp and surface clutter on 7.