Boynton Beach west

I just moved into the area recently and I’m looking for advice. I have taken advantage of fishing the big O and I’m still figuring things out there. Ha! I was wondering if someone could help me out with some fishing locations that are within a 30 min ride from my house. I have a 7 year old who loves fishing but I need a quick location to take him to just Incase the fish aren’t biting and he loses interest and have to get the boat out of the water sooner than I want.. We have a Boynton address just south of Wellington. Just north of the loxahache marshal reserve. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Member
    Hard to beat Loxahatchee. One of the best fishing places down here. The entire refuge is a big loop with 3 ramp locations so there’s options if you don’t want to drive far around. Enter at the main ramp in Boynton and buy an annual pass. I think it’s $20. Teach him to reel in a beetle spin and you’ll literally wear him and yourself out catching cichlids. There’s a great bass population but kids love catching and there’s a ton of those non native panfish.
    Main address, 10216 Lee Rd, Boynton Beach, FL 33472

Last edited by perfect-storm; 12-17-2018 at 05:51 AM.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perfect-storm View Post
    Hard to beat Loxahatchee. One of the best fishing places down here. The entire refuge is a big loop with 3 ramp locations so there’s options if you don’t want to drive far around. Enter at the main ramp in Boynton and buy an annual pass. I think it’s $20. Teach him to reel in a beetle spin and you’ll literally wear him and yourself out catching cichlids. There’s a great bass population but kids love catching and there’s a ton of those non native panfish.
    Main address, 10216 Lee Rd, Boynton Beach, FL 33472

+1 All the canals have fish as well
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

4. Member
    I take my boys ( 7 and 4 years old) out to the Lox preserve all the time. I normally get some night crawlers for them and they have a blast catching fish after fish.

5. Member
    Lake ida or lake Osbourne and connecting canal