Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Inverness lakes info

Coming down next week to visit In-laws. Was going to go over and fish Harris But...heard they sprayed !
    So im going to stay close and fish Henderson Lake!
    Is there any other lakes in the area any one recommends? Any recommendations would be great.
    Are the fish in pre-spawn? I have never fished this time of year in Fla!

Thank you
    Last edited by Stratos xl NC; 12-16-2018 at 09:53 PM.
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

2. Member
    outside edges and moving in. I will be going Tuesday when are you in town?

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

3. Member
    I’m coming in on Friday. For a 8 days.
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

4. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I fished Tsala-Aqpopka today, I will let you know how I did in the morning! Oddly I’ll say yes on both schoolies and prespawn.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

5. Member
    Thank you! I can’t wait to get there. It’s been a bad fall for fishing here in NC. Rain killed us.
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

6. Member
    i am going to hernando in morning. i am sure i can get back out on the water thursday the 27th i hope

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

7. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I fished Tsala-Apopka Sunday morning. You’ll think I’m crazy but they’re starting the prespawn.

My first 2 casts got 2 bass on a topwater, the schoolies are still out there strong but they’re not busting the surface constantly like they were a month ago.

Most of my fish came on a 1/4oz swim jig with a Rage tail. 6’ pad fields. The water is pretty high after this rain so I’m casting to the shore and by the time I get through 10’ of pads, just reeling the jig slow, they were popping it.

Most were football sized males, super fat so I think they just moved up in the pads.

The other ones I caught were schoolies off of points where the wind was creating a little current bunching the tiny Shad up.

I had a double on a FlapSlap but one got off right by the boat and I could see 6-8 following him so the schoolies are def still out there. A squarebill, lipless crank...even a topwater if they’re hitting the surface.

The key key seems to be the sun, when it finally burns off those low clouds and shines, it’s like a light switch!

Good Luck!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

8. Member
    Casslaw. Thank you! That’s great info! Excuse my ? Wheres the best ramp to put in on highway 44?

Thanks again for the info!
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos xl NC View Post
    Casslaw. Thank you! That’s great info! Excuse my ? Wheres the best ramp to put in on highway 44?

Thanks again for the info!
    I would use the Eden Park ramp better parking it is off Eden Dr. (Kangaroo Store) it puts you in Spivey.

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

10. Member
    I always use Eden Park. It's a good ramp. Don't like running across 44 LOL

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PASCOFISHBOY View Post
    I would use the Eden Park ramp better parking it is off Eden Dr. (Kangaroo Store) it puts you in Spivey.
    That's what i did when I used to go. With my wrecks, been a few years.

12. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I always use the ramp on 44 because I can get a few casts in at the bridge before my brother parks the truck!

The couple trips I fished alone, I felt like an idiot because I didn’t know how to get to the parking lot, but I do like how the 44 ramp is and it’s not as busy as Eden Park.

I’ve only been in Spivey a few times, but I’m catching fish there now so I’ll be in there more now. Henderson and Little Lake Jenderson have produced for me so it’s just a matter of where you want to fish.

And you’re welcome Stratos, we’re always here to help!

13. Member
    Update for Saturday.
    Went to Henderson as Casslaw told me caught some football males I caught them in senko and chatterbait. It was slow but didn’t except them to be to active with cold front and bluebird sky’s.
    Nothing over 2-1/2. But great day to learn a lake.
    I will be on the lake Monday then Thursday and Friday. I’m also going to promise ranch fishing on Wednesday a gift from my awesome wife!!
    Im in a blue and silver Stratos with talons if any sees me stop in. Would love to but some faces to all the people that have givin me some pointers about fishing here.
    Once again thank you!!
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

14. Banned

15. Banned
    Crappie must be biting as there were about 22 anglers last night when I was driving back from the grocery.

16. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Oh don’t tell me there’s crappie are biting too! My neighbor is begging me to take him speck fishin!

Glad you caught some Stratos, I’ll be there tomorrow in a white F150 and a grey tin Triton with a 90 Etec on it. If you see me say Hi! I “plan” on getting on the water a few times this week.

17. Member
    Great Casslaw i hope to see you on the pond. I’m in a Chevy 1500 blue/silver Stratos with Talons.
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

18. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I struck out horribly today. My fault for letting my brother try to pick a new spot I guess. Started in 8-10’ of water and I had 3 blasting hits on a lipless crank but somehow lost all 3, then moved to the 6’ pads and lost SEVEN on a swim jig! They kept eating my Rage Tails then wrapping me up. So I literally hooked 10 fish without landing 1...thats so bad, pathetic!

It was super nice out and I saw a few beds today. Lots of people crappie fishing in the deep but no one was catching. I talked to 2 different guys and neither had caught more than 4. I think they’re moving up shallower real soon with this weather. I got knocked on my jig a couple times in the 4’ range and the bass were much more lively. The water is so clear I could see one coming from 10 feet from my jig and just slam it, then wrap himself in lily pads!

Theres a mechanical harvester in Little Henderson Lake and I saw lots of debris from it in Lake Henderson and LHL...just leave the weds alone!

On the way home I saw a white deer! I’ve never seen one in the wild before somthat was cool. We fished from 9:30-1:30 but I’ll be back Wed or Thursday!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    I struck out horribly today. My fault for letting my brother try to pick a new spot I guess. Started in 8-10’ of water and I had 3 blasting hits on a lipless crank but somehow lost all 3, then moved to the 6’ pads and lost SEVEN on a swim jig! They kept eating my Rage Tails then wrapping me up. So I literally hooked 10 fish without landing 1...thats so bad, pathetic!

It was super nice out and I saw a few beds today. Lots of people crappie fishing in the deep but no one was catching. I talked to 2 different guys and neither had caught more than 4. I think they’re moving up shallower real soon with this weather. I got knocked on my jig a couple times in the 4’ range and the bass were much more lively. The water is so clear I could see one coming from 10 feet from my jig and just slam it, then wrap himself in lily pads!

Theres a mechanical harvester in Little Henderson Lake and I saw lots of debris from it in Lake Henderson and LHL...just leave the weds alone!

On the way home I saw a white deer! I’ve never seen one in the wild before somthat was cool. We fished from 9:30-1:30 but I’ll be back Wed or Thursday!
    Maybe all the loose vegetation will form some mats

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

20. Member
    Caught 4 today biggest was 2.1. Most bites on senko ! Stayed in Spivey all day. Missed a bigun in the reeds flipping.
    Only had 7 bites
    i think I’m going to Henderson tomorrow morning for a couple hours.
    Then back on Thursday.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast