Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Outboard parts online?

For those of us that like to do our own outboard maintenance, where is the best place to order parts?

www.Boats.Net or www.PartsVu.com Two of the best with great customer service, super fast shipping...

Depends on the brand of outboard

If you run a Yamaha, SIM Yamaha is the place to buy.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

5. Member
    What about for mercs?

Quote Originally Posted by stumpjumper1 View Post
    What about for mercs?
    I am kinda partial to European Marine (board sponsor). Always quick, friendly service, and they do give BBC’ers a discount.

http://www.europeanmarine.org
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

7. Member
    Yamaha = SIM
    Suzuki = BrownsPoint
    Merc = ebay, amazon after calling Merc to find the correct latest part number which has been updated 5 or 6 times.

8. Member
    Following

9. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    www.marineengine.com for your Merc parts you'll need a serial number off your motor, of course Don and Rhonda are very good too. Yamaha www.boats.net is pretty good too. But for fluids such as gearcase fluid or TNT fluid your local dealer would be a good choice.

Once you know your part number. Amazon is your friend.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

I prefer board sponsors. They help us for free all the time. Throw a little business their way in return. All my Mercury parts are ordered from Don Weed.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

12. Member
    pro marine

13. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skeetercraig View Post
    pro marine
    Most Pro-Marine parts are after market. I do use them on occasion but stick with OEM parts.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 9Lives2Go View Post
    www.Boats.Net or www.PartsVu.com Two of the best with great customer service, super fast shipping...
    I no longer use Partsvu. Their "return policy" is that if you open the box you have violated their "original packaging" policy and the item is not returnable.

It only cost me $400 to learn this lesson.

15. Member
    I've had good luck with Leaders RPM. They also have an Ebay store and some things are cheaper there.

16. Member
    I order a lot from many different vendors but Boats.net has been very good for any brand.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

17. Member
    For Mercury parts it is hard to beat European Marine. They help you get the correct parts and provide expert advise. Plus you get the BBC discount.
    Since I own a Merc Optimax it important to know where to get parts... just saying.

18. Member
    In my experience with Marineengine.com, they sell used parts passed off as new. Didn't know anything about them, so I ordered an oil pump about 8 years ago for the Optimax on my last boat and what I got is what they called a "new, take off" part. Paid full retail for what I thought was going to be a new part from Mercury, and it was a used part. If the part came off an existing engine on an existing boat, it's a fu**ing used part !!! Used parts by the way, automotive or otherwise, are typically 50% of retail. These guys are straight up disingenuous liars.
    Here are the pictures I took when I returned it. You can see where the person used a utility knife to cut all tubes off and scoured all the brass.
    Again, it's fine if you're out for a used part. I've bought plenty of used parts in my life. But this isn't a new part from Mercury!
    I can't believe those guys are still around doing this!!
    Buyer beware!
    Edit: and when it got delivered, it was just the part in a box and the residual oil had all leaked out and leached thru the cardboard box. The instant I saw the little box on the porch, I knew I'd been had.
    IMG_2397.JPGIMG_2398.JPGIMG_2396.JPGIMG_2395.JPGIMG_2399.JPG
    Last edited by djb750; 08-12-2022 at 07:11 PM.
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by egammon View Post
    I no longer use Partsvu. Their "return policy" is that if you open the box you have violated their "original packaging" policy and the item is not returnable.

It only cost me $400 to learn this lesson.
    It would have cost you $0 if you would have read the return policy they clearly put on their website for all to read or ordered the correct parts to start with...

20. mikesxpress

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast