Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. BBC SPONSOR
    Agree with Lee, wrap with a few layers of static tape before installing cover.

I never tow with a cover for this reason. Id rather wash it than buff it. After seeing what pulling in a snow storm did to one of my bullet trailers, I refuse to pull in salt as well.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

2. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    The next good clear weekend I get, I'm going to have to shampoo my carpet. It is gray and it don't look dirty but there is no way it isn't full of dirt/grime. The grime when walked on repeatedly acts like micro sandpaper and will wear out carpet if not removed regularly. It's a job to do it right though.
    A pressure washer does the job quick and easy, just be careful around the edges and don't hold it too close if you use a high pressure one such as 4000 psi.

3. Member
    Just send it to Wags he can take care of it for ya LOL

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Props4u2 View Post
    A pressure washer does the job quick and easy, just be careful around the edges and don't hold it too close if you use a high pressure one such as 4000 psi.
    I may give that a try Lee. I have a small 2k psi pressure washer. I have always have had some fear of using a pressure washer for fear of those edges turning loose.

5. Member
    Im the same way, my boat is cleaner then my SUV looks so nice cleaned & wax.

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Mine is so clean you cant even see it
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

7. Moderator
    I may give that a try Lee. I have a small 2k psi pressure washer. I have always have had some fear of using a pressure washer for fear of those edges turning loose.
    The 2000 psi will work perfect.

8. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    Mine is so clean you cant even see it
    You must have had it clear coated.

9. Member
    It's sitting next to Wonder Woman's plane.
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

10. BBC SPONSOR
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

11. Member
    I towed my boat from Eufaula, AL to Mobile, AL in the rain with the cover on one afternoon/night. I had to buff 3 different places on the gel where the cover rubbed "scuffs" - it wasn't terrible but enough that I don't want to do it again. I wondered if it was because the wet cover pulled down more on the hull or if it would also scuff it if it was dry. I have not tried it with a dry cover and don't plan to.

Where I live, it rains almost every afternoon in the summer, I can't tell you how many times I've made it to within a mile or two of the house and the bottom fall out and soak the boat right before I made it home!
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEALLY View Post
    I towed my boat from Eufaula, AL to Mobile, AL in the rain with the cover on one afternoon/night. I had to buff 3 different places on the gel where the cover rubbed "scuffs" - it wasn't terrible but enough that I don't want to do it again. I wondered if it was because the wet cover pulled down more on the hull or if it would also scuff it if it was dry. I have not tried it with a dry cover and don't plan to.

Where I live, it rains almost every afternoon in the summer, I can't tell you how many times I've made it to within a mile or two of the house and the bottom fall out and soak the boat right before I made it home!
    I'm about convinced there is no good solution Joe. I wish there was but the wind beating on covers makes it likely to be non-correctable. When I get some of these other things finished up (projects/inventions etc. LOL) I may see if I can't figure out something. Right now I'd rather just let somebody else do it and me buy it.

13. Member
    I'm about convinced there is no good solution Joe. I wish there was but the wind beating on covers makes it likely to be non-correctable. When I get some of these other things finished up (projects/inventions etc. LOL) I may see if I can't figure out something. Right now I'd rather just let somebody else do it and me buy it.
    I've give it some thought, I think it's doable but not real cost efficient.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEALLY View Post
    I've give it some thought, I think it's doable but not real cost efficient.
    Joe I have had an idea on something that might or might not work better. I’ll tell you about it and you can probably fabricate it. Johnny Johnson has that same design ability too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12