Need Advice on a 3 Bank Charger

I have a 2000 Triton TR19 and it seems my 3 Bank special edition pro onboard charger is going bad. I think it was made by Dual Pro. It is not charging my batteries very well now. The lights are green but battery percentages are anywhere from 15 to 20 percent charged. I am assuming the charger is going bad. I have to use my car battery charger to fully charge my batteries.

So, what suggestions do you have for another 3 bank charger. The one on my boat I think is 15 amp. I am assuming that is what i need.

I checked Dual Pro's website and the one I think was originally on my boat now sells for about 374.00 on amazon. I really don't want to pay that much.

Ya'll have any suggestions for me? Thanks.

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    I’d verify what’s going on before condemning the charger. Bad batteries are much more likely to cause that kind of issue.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Thanks for info. But bought new batteries last year and charger been doing this a while now (3 or 4 years). I'm just slow to fix issues. Been using single charger to alternate charging 2 deep cycles and then starter batteries. Since Christmas is coming fast thought I'd drop hints....lol

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    How do you know the batteries are not fully charged?
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

5. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    What voltage is each bank putting out when it’s plugged in? If it’s a DualPro they have excellent customer service and it may be able to be fixed. If you’re set in ordering a new one I like the Noco 10amp/bank chargers but DualPro is a great brand. I’d send it in if you check the voltage while its charging and not putting out the...14.4 (I believe) that it charges at.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

I was on eBay tonight and saw this item. If 6 amps per bank is enough, you might end up with a good deal.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    What voltage is each bank putting out when it’s plugged in? If it’s a DualPro they have excellent customer service and it may be able to be fixed. If you’re set in ordering a new one I like the Noco 10amp/bank chargers but DualPro is a great brand. I’d send it in if you check the voltage while its charging and not putting out the...14.4 (I believe) that it charges at.
    THIS^^^.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

8. Member
    Thanks for the advice guys.