Anyone use this temp probe ?

Kinda like the idea of taking the internal temp as well as ambient. Plus no cords etc to deal with.

https://www.amazon.com/MEATER-Thermometer-Rotisserie-Bluetooth-Connectivity/dp/B01GQMPJOC/ref=asc_df_B01GQMPJOC/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid={creative}&hvpos={adpositio n}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt= e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocph y=&hvtargid=pla-4583795260448107&psc=1

Haven’t had experience with a wireless probe. Not sure it would get a decent signal with my BGE. I’m trying to decide whether to replace the probe on my Acurite, or buy a new ThermoPro TP-20 wired model. The ThermoPro has a remote display. Third probe on the Acurite, so it’s probably getting replaced.
    Would like to hear how rhe wireless units work though.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    Haven’t had experience with a wireless probe. Not sure it would get a decent signal with my BGE. I’m trying to decide whether to replace the probe on my Acurite, or buy a new ThermoPro TP-20 wired model. The ThermoPro has a remote display. Third probe on the Acurite, so it’s probably getting replaced.
    Would like to hear how rhe wireless units work though.
    I currently have an I Grill mini. its remote and works well but the probe does have a cord which links to the outside unit. I just start the app on my phone and can watch the meat temp increase over time.

I like the idea of no more cord.

4. Member
    I only use thermoworks product bought from thermoworks. They are quality and reliable

5. Member
    I got a Thermapen for christmas, havent got to use it yet though. Hopefully, it lives up to the hype.

6. Member
    Nothing better than a thermapen....you'll love it

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDyer View Post
    Nothing better than a thermapen....you'll love it

8. Member
    I bought a meater probe last year and have only one bad thing to say which is the bluetooth range isn't that great. Ive had it reach 40' or so but a consistent connection I'll have to step outside onto deck and wait for results.

On the plus side the app is amazing and works perfectly every time for me. Steaks come out a perfect medium rare every time. I will be buying another to leave one at cabin and one at home for dinners.

The Igrill is a great product and I tend to use that for more smoking of meats than grilling. I've got a pile of thermometers good and bad abd I'd say it's right up at the too.

9. Member
    Ill be sorta building in my smoker into the garage. So ill need a temp probe where I can get a longer range than typical Bluetooth. Anyone use this one? Seems it has a range extender. Or anyone know of a temp probe that uses WIFI vs Bluetooth.

https://www.amazon.com/300ft-Wireles...t+thermometers

10. Member
    I use thermpro t20. Two probes. One for cooker one for meat. Great range and customer service when the probe goes bad, and they will. My first has a lifetime warranty on probes.......so I guess my other one does as well. Good lick JD
    2020 BCB Lynx 300 pro xs 4s
    2013 BCB Puma 250 pro xs
    WPS