Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnman81 View Post
    My live wells and rear storage apartments are insulated, don"t have pop up cleats. When I was looking at Rangers the salesman opened up the rear hatch stood inside and jumped up and down. I bought the Ranger. Traded my Skeeter for it. Try that with a Nitro and you will end up on the floor. That's what's meant by quality. I can always tell when a Nitro is coming down the lake, it makes more noise that any other bass boat out there. It's like the sound just resonates through out the boat. I don't bash other boat brands but I had to add my two cents here.
    Ill take those pull outs storage bins... we lost some money in Ranger cause we could not get to the pumps, had the replacement cartridge but unable to reach the pump. Heck if I take my boat in all tackle goes in bins and in my garage.

Only here can u get real world experience like standing in a storage bin.... and that symbolizes quality

All boats have a place, obviously the ones that are still around resonated with customers.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

2. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    Ill take those pull outs storage bins... we lost some money in Ranger cause we could not get to the pumps, had the replacement cartridge but unable to reach the pump. Heck if I take my boat in all tackle goes in bins and in my garage.

Only here can u get real world experience like standing in a storage bin.... and that symbolizes quality

All boats have a place, obviously the ones that are still around resonated with customers.
    Nice try, open my rear hatch, look down and wallah pumps.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

Not on a ranger z520 that we were on. Does not matter, ranger builds a good boat. Pull out bins have multiple things i like. Obviously not everyone likes them.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    Wow, way off the OP’s point...not very surprised!

He was talking about 18’ boats with 150-175s on the back, not a fully loaded Z21, a Bullet with a Racing 30 or anything about resale value. You remember the boats, the ones that were THE baddest boats on the market in 1992? When a 175 was a “big” motor?

Hes got a point, the Nitros fill a void between the guys that don’t want to have a tin, but don’t want a 100mph wrapped rocket ship.

The key word being “value”. I’m in the market for a new boat myself, I have priced out boats from 4 brands with all the same options. $73k and I’m still in a Nitro is not a good value. That was my point. I like being able to pick out all my own colors and options. I know the pre set packages can be cheaper and give you a little more value. They are $50k completely stripped.
    Last edited by Craigjc00; 12-17-2018 at 07:15 PM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    Not on a ranger z520 that we were on. Does not matter, ranger builds a good boat. Pull out bins have multiple things i like. Obviously not everyone likes them.
    Well Bryan, you can count me in as one that likes the pull out bins. Also like being able to pull them out and stand in the back and jump up and down. But seriously..... extra prop storage beneath the is a huge plus. Being able to get into the back of the boat to run wires, service pumps, replace fuel lines etc. ALL THAT is a plus for the guy that wants to work on his own boat. Guess my old Z9 was ordered with everything but the kitchen sink in it because it has 3 pumps per live well, as well as oxygenators. Looking at the back of the livewells there is some sort of insulation on them, as well as around the massive cooler.

Question while I have you here. Did they stick with the hatch releases on the 2019 from the 2017~2018's that turn to unlock but you can't turn them 180° and lay them back down flat? I know that's one of the other things that got me when I looked at one a year ago. (Along with the list I talked about earlier in the thread.) We tend to unlock all the bins that we're going to use for the day, turn the handles, lay them flat back down in the recess first thing in the morning and take off. The ones I looked at a while back wouldn't lay down flat unless they were in 'locked' position. I'd get tired in a hurry of all that twisting to unlock them every time we wanted to change crankbaits all day.
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

6. Member
    You get what you pay for.

My live wells and rear storage apartments are insulated, don"t have pop up cleats. When I was looking at Rangers the salesman opened up the rear hatch stood inside and jumped up and down. I bought the Ranger. Traded my Skeeter for it. Try that with a Nitro and you will end up on the floor. That's what's meant by quality. I can always tell when a Nitro is coming down the lake, it makes more noise that any other bass boat out there. It's like the sound just resonates through out the boat. I don't bash other boat brands but I had to add my two cents here.
    No you never say anything bad about nitro products ever.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Now that is using it for its intended purpose.....jumping up and down in the storage compartment, did you ask if the slid better on pavement if they fall off the trailer Too?

See my Basscat was bought so my kid could sit in the livewell and turn on the pumps, to have a Jacuzzi while I fish......

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Now that is using it for its intended purpose.....jumping up and down in the storage compartment, did you ask if the slid better on pavement if they fall off the trailer Too?

See my Basscat was bought so my kid could sit in the livewell and turn on the pumps, to have a Jacuzzi while I fish......
    Those Kitty cat live wells are crazy deep...I lost a 3lb Walleye in mine.

I traded my 2006 911 CDC in 2016 for a new Z21. My opinion only, most boat for the money. I would upgrade to another Nitro if I felt it was needed. I never worry about resale.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

11. Banned
    I have had them all. And if I was buying a brand new fiberglass boat right now it would be a Nitro hands down. You other guys go ahead and waste your money buying your favorite brand. Anybody that says that a Nitro is a cheap boat or won't hold up is just jealous because they wasted their money on another brand.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I have had them all. And if I was buying a brand new fiberglass boat right now it would be a Nitro hands down. You other guys go ahead and waste your money buying your favorite brand. Anybody that says that a Nitro is a cheap boat or won't hold up is just jealous because they wasted their money on another brand.
    Jealous probably isn't the right word.

13. Member
    Fished out of a nitro for 5 years..sold it for what I bought it for. This was a 2004 nitro 929

14. Member
    I think everyone's definition of value can be different.

I paid less than $53k for my 2017 Z21 Pro package drive out . A good friend of mine bought a Basscat Lynx and paid north of $90k for his. We had them side by side and without a doubt the Basscat is a premiere boat. The fit and finish of the Cat was perfect, and the materials felt of higher quality. Was it worth it (value) to my buddy to spend almost $40k more for his boat? Yes, he believes it was, and that is all that maters really. I feel I purchased a lot of boat for the money when I bought my Nitro, (value) and I am very happy with it. If I had the means to pay $90k for a bass boat would I? Maybe. Do "I" think there is $40k worth of difference between the two boats? No, not really, but to some, they see value differently than others. My friend believes the difference in money spent got him a superior boat that will last him a lifetime, and to him, that is "value for the money".
    '17 Nitro Z21, 250ProXS serial # 2B399616, 24p Fury4, 12" Atlas, Apex 16 @ console, Apex 16 & Apex 13 @ bow, Mega 360, Ultrex, 8ft blades

15. Member
    ^^^^ This exactly. This whole thread perfectly explained.

Quote Originally Posted by TXZ21 View Post
    I think everyone's definition of value can be different.

I paid less than $53k for my 2017 Z21 Pro package drive out . A good friend of mine bought a Basscat Lynx and paid north of $90k for his. We had them side by side and without a doubt the Basscat is a premiere boat. The fit and finish of the Cat was perfect, and the materials felt of higher quality. Was it worth it (value) to my buddy to spend almost $40k more for his boat? Yes, he believes it was, and that is all that maters really. I feel I purchased a lot of boat for the money when I bought my Nitro, (value) and I am very happy with it. If I had the means to pay $90k for a bass boat would I? Maybe. Do "I" think there is $40k worth of difference between the two boats? No, not really, but to some, they see value differently than others. My friend believes the difference in money spent got him a superior boat that will last him a lifetime, and to him, that is "value for the money".

16. Banned
    They make a good boat. Maybe not the best of materials when it comes to finished products, like seats and carpet, but it's a good value to get you on the water. And if you take care of it then it will last you a long time.

That being said I've seen other brands at the $30k price point for an 18' boat with a 150. Triton 189TrX, Ranger Z118, Phoenix 618. Catch them during promotion, sale or prior year clearance for similar pricing. Do you get more boat with those brands? Ehhh, maybe, maybe not. A little more sparkly gel coat here and there, maybe better carpet and seat material, different layout, slightly better fit/finish (debatable), different electronics packages. Now, one of the major differences between Nitro and the other brands is Nitro pricing is locked in. You pay the price on the sticker, with no haggle room for options. Where as you can walk in to other dealers and maybe get a better deal on the price, electronics, trailer options, etc.

It's when you get in to the 20-21' boats that the price differences widen up. The 18'/150HP market pricing is pretty well set around that $30-35k price point depending on options.

Personally, if I were in the market at that price point I'd go look at and test drive them all.

17. Banned
    18 ft boat with as 175 I would recommend a charger 186. Rides like a bigger hull and will run mid 60's loaded with great quality. As far as boats it's happiness for your money not quality find the one you like and spend whatever it takes to be happy on the water.

18. Banned
    Guys need to be more concerned with engine brand that boat brand. What I mean by this is how many times have you been stranded on the lake because of a boat brand and how many times have you been stranded because of the engine?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Guys need to be more concerned with engine brand that boat brand. What I mean by this is how many times have you been stranded on the lake because of a boat brand and how many times have you been stranded because of the engine?
    Chysler has not made motors in a long time......
    all the current brands are equal on their different issues........

20. Member
    Out of curiosity now that Morris owns multiple boat brands has the process for building the hulls been standardized? Such as process / tooling / materials ?

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast