Ready to order new carpet

I have my 1998 Tracker Pro Team 175 completely tore down for new carpet....I have samples from bassboatseats.com and Overton's......I have visited Basscat's Website....I have read some good comments about Basscat......is that the best carpet to buy? I am keeping the boat. Replacing the wood floor and wood front deck with aluminum.....numbers are adding up to a 27' x 8.5' piece of carpet...… It seems that every one of the marine carpet suppliers have good comments but, they also have some disappointing reviews...all I want is quality carpet and, I don't mind paying a little more to get that quality.....this isn't about trying to do this as cheap as possible....it is all about the finished project looking good and lasting.

2. Member
    Hear a lot of guys talking about BassCat rug for quality. Choose the same weight rug as original. To heavy and lids will be to tight.

3. Member
    That seems to be a major concern.....I guess the worst case scenario would be...to trim the carpet on the lids.

4. Member
    Got my precut for the 390v because of the lip on the compartments the cut was short .Called Rick at
    Marine Carpeting (BasCar) Took my sizes on what I need sent the new cut out same day no charge.Can't get better than that.

5. Member
    I would use 16oz for your tracker. Basscat sells Syntec carpet.

6. Member
    You can use 20 oz without any problems, I've done a couple of dozen of them. 8.5 x 27' will do ya.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

7. Member
    I ordered 8.5' X 25' 20 oz for my ZX250 Skeeter and had enough left over to do the inside of rod boxes. I trimmed the edges of the lids, worked fine.
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    go to syntec direct if you want a bigger selection of colors then basscat offers true all the major brands use syntec great carpet

20 ounce is tough around the lids but
    best for long life. Little harder to fold the corners under the lids

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    go to syntec direct if you want a bigger selection of colors then basscat offers true all the major brands use syntec great carpet
    Thanks for the lead I’m in the market and Bass Cat doesn’t have a true red. Also a tip for the lids for you guys. High quality shears . Shave either the lid edge down or main piece in the channel. If still to tight shave both sides. DO NOT SHAVE A LOOP PILE CARPET THOUGH.

11. Member
    See so many folks posting about "BassCat Carpet." Please realize that marine-grade carpet is only made by a couple/few suppliers. Best brand IMHO is Corinthian. I also like Nu Wave and Eufala. Skip the middle-man and buy direct.

https://corinthianmarine.com/why-corinthian/
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

Basscat carpet is syntec carpet. And ranger. And Triton. And legend. They all use syntec. But ranger is significantly cheaper and ships for a basic rate as opposed to basscat that ships on the scale. Shipping is easily less than half of basscat. Been using syntec for 12 years now shopping around for the best rates. I e also used many other brands but keep coming back. Believe it or not, the manufacturers are some of the cheapest suppliers. Have also ordered syntec from a warehouse. Ranger shipping is by far the cheapest as well as their linear rate.

13. Member
    Do you have any contact information for Ranger Carpet? Ive got a champion I need to put carpet in.

Thanks

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishMoore View Post
    Do you have any contact information for Ranger Carpet? Ive got a champion I need to put carpet in.

Thanks
    Yiu can order from a local dealer or direct from ranger. If you call ranger ask for parts. They sell it by the yard one yard is 1.4 feet long by seven feet wide. 24 yards will do most any boat and a lil left over. If you ever need to recarpet a lid you will have some. The darker gray is called shadow gray now.

Like arjone01 said ranger carpet is very high quality. I’ve installed it in a lot of different boats. They only sell 24oz carpet if the lids are tight you can shave the carpet with hair trimmers.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

15. Member
    Thanks, Got a 88 champion I'm getting ready to do and I'll make sure and call them.