What pitch razor 4 on a 2009 z520 ranger with 250 h.o. etec?

Wanting to try a razor 4 on my boat, what pitch would be good ? Thinking a 26 but not sure. Had a razor4 on my old boat and loved it. Any suggestions

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    24 inch if it’s the 4XL. That prop runs very strong relative to other props of same pitch. I tried a 26 Razor 4XL on a 2012 Z520 with the same motor and had all sorts of problems. Could not get on plane very well, and oddly also did not lift well at top end. The 24 in the same prop was extremely good at all speeds, and especially low and mid-range.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    24 inch if it’s the 4XL. That prop runs very strong relative to other props of same pitch. I tried a 26 Razor 4XL on a 2012 Z520 with the same motor and had all sorts of problems. Could not get on plane very well, and oddly also did not lift well at top end. The 24 in the same prop was extremely good at all speeds, and especially low and mid-range.
    This^^^^. I also tried a 26, my engine would turn it but like was stated lots of issues. The 24 is perfect. If I am light I can touch the limiter but otherwise it is perfect. It will come out of the hole no matter how much weight is in the boat. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    What about a 25 pitch? Only reason i ask is because i ran a 24xl on my old ranger which was significantly lighter and smaller motor, i had a r93 with a 200 efi merc and the 24 did really well on that rig, not a speed demon but overall great holeshot and it made that boat ride wayyyyy better than any other prop i tried on it.

5. Member
    24 on my 97 492 Ranger. 2016 250ho and could run a 25 but no where as sweet as the 24. Can push the limit in cold water but the performance is awsome.

6. Hun Driver
    I have the same set up, 2008 z520 with a 250HO Etech and a 24 Razor 4xl and concur with jc2bg on the 24xl. However, a 2009 250HO may still have the L2 lower unit. If you have the L2 you might call Mark for his recommendation. If you have the M2 lower then the 24 pitch is the correct prop for that set up. You may have to experiment with the plugs though to get the best results.

7. Member
    Whay kind of topend speed are you getting

8. Member
    Also what is your prop to pad measurement

9. Hun Driver
    I'm getting 67-70 mph depending on load and conditions at 5850 rpm. PTP is 2 3/4" most of the time. I've tried lowering it to 3" and 3 1/4" and it doesn't seem to make any difference in holeshot or top end so I run it as high as I can.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Augustus View Post
    I'm getting 67-70 mph depending on load and conditions at 5850 rpm. PTP is 2 3/4" most of the time. I've tried lowering it to 3" and 3 1/4" and it doesn't seem to make any difference in holeshot or top end so I run it as high as I can.
    Whats your pvs plug setup? You running powerpoles? Or talons?

11. Hun Driver
    Sorry it took so long to reply. The Razor 4XL has 8 PVS holes. On my set up all the forward holes are open. Two of the four rear holes are solid plugs and two are medium opening plugs. My boat is a single console. I'm running dual 8' power poles, a 36v Ultrex, a tackle store, and 20 rod/reels.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Augustus View Post
    Sorry it took so long to reply. The Razor 4XL has 8 PVS holes. On my set up all the forward holes are open. Two of the four rear holes are solid plugs and two are medium opening plugs. My boat is a single console. I'm running dual 8' power poles, a 36v Ultrex, a tackle store, and 20 rod/reels.
    Sweet, thanks for the info, im gonna try one on my boat, mine is identical, single console 10ft blades tackle store and ultrex.

13. Hun Driver
    Make that, "four rear holes are two solid plugs and two LARGE opening plugs".

14. Member
    24p

15. Member
    I have a 25P Rev 4 on mine. Holeshot and top end are both good.