Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar

Crappie Fishing North of Tampa??

My neighbor wants to go Crappie fishing right after Christmas. I’m all up for trying it but I know absolutely zilch about crappie!

Can anyone throw me a few pointers like where to try, where they are this time of year, a place to read up on them?

I can find bass pretty decently but I’ve literally never tried to fish for crappie.

Thanks guys, Chris.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

2. Member
    They should be moving up into shallow water to spawn. Look at the moon phase. Get some minnows from the bait shop and dip holes in the grass or the outside weed lines. Slip corks work really well. I’m going out tomorrow in Lakeland so hopefully I will have a update for you on locations.

3. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Thank you sir!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

4. Member
    I know Henderson in Inverness can be pretty good in the cooler weather.
    Question everything!

5. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I fished the Tsala-Apopka chain today and saw some people trolling minnows or beetle spins out in the 12-14’ range but didn’t see much action from them. I was thinking that Fhris was saying they should be moving up to spawn so I was a little confused but like I said, I don’t know squat!