Panoptix PS30 and PS31 to be discontinued

Noticed that Cabela's has 25% off the Panoptix PS30 and PS31; do you think Garmin will discontinue these models due to the LiveScope or will they replace them with a more powerful LiveScope transducer? I have read from very knowledgeable Garmin users on the forum that they still like to use PS30, PS31 and PS22 because you can see fish (objects) at a further distance and that they appear larger and easier to find. Then hone in on the fish with the LiveScope system. Just wondering if this will take a tool out of our toolbox or if they are working on or will be releasing something to replace them.

2. Member
    No answer here. I just hope they don’t scrap everything prior to Livescope.

3. Member
    The new Livescope technology will continue to evolve where the original Panoptix will eventually fade away. Whether it is now or down the road, time will tell. If the new Lowrance Livesight coming out next year is just like the original Panoptix technology, Garmin could still position itself from Lowrance with the Livescope technology in other transducer alternatives such replacing the PS30 as you mentioned above. Where Lowrance would say, look what we now have, Garmin would be saying, yeah, we moved on from that. If Lowrance has the LS techology, then obviously that goes out the window. I learned from the experienced others on this site and put the PS22, PS30 and LS on the boat last summer. Each have their uses and strengths. I only have the 9" Echo + units so I do prefer the PS22 for long range scanning with its larger blobs versus the smaller specs using the LS. Once near the targets, then I monitor the LS unit for the greater detail as others on this site do. If there were a 12" Echo + unit, that could be a different story. I just purchased the ice fishing bundle with the PS22 for the same long range scanning purpose. I'm sure in a year or two, a better LS ice bundle will be available where you don't need the black box, but the same could be stated every 2-3 years thus you never buy anything. The good news is, what exists today is great. And tomorrow, it will be even better.

how about livescope 0-60' and on the same image panoptic 60.001'-100'.... haha in the same ducer 2500$
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geo767 View Post
    Noticed that Cabela's has 25% off the Panoptix PS30 and PS31
    Wow!!! I didn't know this. I'm not surprised about the PS31. With the PS22 and LVS, there's just not much of a demand for a transducer this big and heavy and so I do expect it to be discontinued. Now the PS30 is a different matter altogether. I don't see the competing product. I sure hope it's not discontinued as it is an essential tool for my searching.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. Member
    2 months ago I would've jumped all over this.

It's been a crazy season for deals.

7. Member
    If you're in the club Basspro or Cabelas you should also be able to get an additional 10% off in the store. Military at Cabelas is 5% I think. Long ways to a Cabelas store for me but I was at one a couple of years ago and got the veterans discount.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    If you're in the club Basspro or Cabelas you should also be able to get an additional 10% off in the store. Military at Cabelas is 5% I think. Long ways to a Cabelas store for me but I was at one a couple of years ago and got the veterans discount.
    Exactly what I was thinking Leonard. I have a 10% in store only off on total purchases which ends today. I will be making a trip to Richfield!

9. Member
    Just checked the status of all Wisconsin stores and out of stock with only limited availability online.