livescope transducer in grass?

I fish a lot of matted hydrilla. can anyone share their experience in grass with the livescope transducer mounted on the trolling motor shaft. It seems like it would pick up a lot of vegetation.

2. Member
    It does pick up some but not as much as you think. But from my experience it doesn't work well in grass in less than 10 feet of water unless you just fishing the edge.

3. Member
    Thanks. I did not think it would work well in the grass from the livescope perspective.

I have used Livescope a ton around shallow hydrilla and have found it to be extremely useful. Hydrilla is displayed just like it is growing, whether you are on the outside of a surface-matted edge, or over the top of hydrilla 6 feet tall in 10 feet of water, etc. Finding those isolated patches of grass on big flats has been extremely helpful. Often, I will leave the trolling motor down as I idle with the outboard with the forward range set to around 100 feet. Here, I can cover vast amounts of shallow water quickly without getting too close and spooking the fish. I can see those isolated grass patches 80+ feet out in front of the boat, kill the outboard, then troll up and make exact casts to the grass clumps without disturbing the area.
    Garmin Pro Team

5. Member
    would love to see pics of that