Thread: Z9 Bildge

Z9 Bildge

Noticed last week my autobidge was not working. Bildge does work on manual. Pulled pump and replaced switch. Problem still exist. Pump works fine in manual mode. I am guessing there is an in-line fuse on the power line going to the auto switch??? Anyone had this issue? Possible solutions?

Wouldn't Auto bilge only work if a level sensor detects water past that point then it would kick on. ?

3. Member
    I wonder the same thing my old boat I could run both pumps. This boat I can Only run one pumps through the controls. I gotta take mine back to the dealer and was going to ask how this system works on the nitros. Also the red auto light has never turned on even when the bilge turned on automatically
    Nitro z21

They're separate pumps. The Auto bilge only comes on when the water level triggers it, not hooked to a switch at least on current models...
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

5. Member
    The float is usually inside the pump. One manual pump one auto pump is how my 13 Z9 was.

2 bilge pumps? Never had 2. I know the pro packages came with 2.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    2 bilge pumps? Never had 2. I know the pro packages came with 2.
    It was always an additional option for two also.

8. Member
    My '08 Z9 had the same problem. Manual worked, but auto didn't...(found out the hard way). After tracing wires from the positive battery terminal (cranking battery), I found the inline fuse for the auto side of the bilge pump. The bilge pump wires should be brown/red stripe. Replaced it, tested it, worked! Not sure about yours, but my bilge pump sat in a "fixture" which housed the float which could not be seen. On the side of the fixture there are two round circles which are for testing the pump without having to fill the bilge with water. You just place two fingers (one on each circle) and it completes the circuit and the pump should come on. Found the test procedures online once I figured out what type of pump/fixture it was. Hope this helps.

Now that is good info!!!
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

10. Member
    Nice. Which beand was yousmrs if you recall? Don’t remember two circles on my z21

11. Member
    BBB - my pump is a mayfair marine (I think might be called johnson now) heavy duty 1600 gph, model 1700. The fixture mine sits in is plastic and the two circles are faint and hard to see especially when already mounted in the bilge. A flashlight and inspection mirror might help. Look on the largest flat side of the fixture if you have the same type.

Found the "fixture". This is a newer version of it, but essentially the same thing. Notice the two circles?

Last edited by bqtoot; 12-28-2018 at 09:35 AM.

12. Member
    Found a picture of it.