Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    It's not about the music, it's about the money. The producers, agents, etc are all pushing the same direction. Musicians either follow and get paid or fade away for the current trend. Seems all music in general isnt at the height of creativity of the past.
    Spot on. Lack of creativity. And many belong on s pop station! The current “talents” have no experience to sing about country in music. They have no life story, just song writers. All their music plays to the masses. The early country artists didn’t have the platform of today and worked hard on the road to make a buck. In turn they sang about their road and life experience, failed relationships, getting momma out of prison, etc. Merle Haggard lost his father early in life, got in a lot of trouble and spent time in prison. Johnny Cash sang in prisons singing about about sorrow and moral delimma. I can think of so many great country singers years past, most of which have passed on, that I listen to daily. I listen to my AM country station a lot because they have a great playlist. 680 KKYX

2. Member
    I thought it was bad when we had all the flat bellied air humpers, and now we’ve got this hip hop country stuff. (Credit to Bobby Bare on the flat bellied air humper comment)

3. Member
    He nailed that. That’s calling a spade a spade right there. What they call country today is total crap when it’s catagorized as country genre.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12