Fish finder mount?

If one was to choose to a fish finder mount to put on the bow of a bass boat , which type is better over all
    Is it a adjustable type -ie balz out, ram or other ones OR the type non adjustable ie dek mount brand that is mounted to deck with no adjustments .. for a Lowrance HDS 9
    Any info
    2003 Stratos 201 XL Pro
    2005 Mercury Verado 250
    Hds5, Hds9, Hds 9

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-wedge View Post
    If one was to choose to a fish finder mount to put on the bow of a bass boat , which type is better over all
    Is it a adjustable type -ie balz out, ram or other ones OR the type non adjustable ie dek mount brand that is mounted to deck with no adjustments .. for a Lowrance HDS 9
    Any info
    Take a look at the Cisco mounts. I mounted two on my boat and they are rock solid, they have different colors and at a very reasonable price.

3. Member
    Depends on how fast and how hard you drive your boat.

I prefer the bridge type. This one is custom made and is 4 inches high, but if I were to make another, it would be 6 inches.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

5. Member
    Precision Sonar makes a bridge like that made with 1/4" aluminum bar and it has two holes on each end to bolt it down. It's for big heavy units.

6. Captain Paul
    After many trials, I ended up with Bluewater Mounts front and back. Incredible engineering, easy off and on, Rick solid in any water, trailerable with zero movement.
    RangerBasser
    Captain Paul, USCG Captain
    Merchant Marine XO

Ranger Z22 Comanche
    Mercury 300XS Racing