Spinning Shimano Expride or MB orochi xx/xxx

Planning on getting another finesse spinning setup has anyone fished both Expride and Orochi? If so, any noticeable differences?

2. Member
    Both rods are very nice , I like the Orochi xx in regards to it’s aesthetics, sensitivity a little bit better.

3. Member
    I am wondering myself which wins in sensitivity Dept? I didn’t think the gen 1 xx rods were sensitive at all!

4. Member
    I thought the Gen 1 Orochi was not bad , I had the dropshot rod and it felt pretty nice. I just purchased the whipsnake and I like it a lot. I’m waiting for the addermine to be delivered and I cant wait to see how it feels. I’ve heard nothing but positives about it as well.

5. Member
    Thanks fellas

6. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    I have both rods. I would definitely buy another EXPRIDE over the orochi XXX.
    The EXPRIDE is more sensitive to me and I like the handle better.
    My suggestion is gold both in your hand....then choose. both are great rods.

7. Member
    I can't speak to the xx, but the couple of xxx I've owned were not to my liking. Very dull blanks, and HEAVY for their lengths.
    The Exprides are significantly lighter in hand (in my hands anyway), better balanced, more sensitive. They feel crisper and lighter than the new xx I've jiggled in stores as well.