Optimax vs optimax xps

I have blown optimax looking to replace with optimax pro XS I herd it may be hard on gas any truth in that or any other issues with this motor it’s a 2018 I know the pro has more hp thanks for any help.

2. Member
    If you replace 225 optimax with 225pro xs fuel burn should be about the same. Pro xs will have little bit more performance gain because of reeds and compression ratio.

Pm sent

3. Member
    Pm sent

4. Member
    Blown motor 2009 optimax 240hrs bad block

5. Member
    and porting in block
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Forum Announcements, and provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!

And cylinder heads, and pistons, and fuel rails, and direct injectors, and air compressor, and PCM calibration, and mounts, and.....

In most cases, the ProXS models were 3 star emissions, where the Standard Optimax models (most) were only 2 star.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor