GT10HN-IF Ice Fishing Transducer

Anybody ran one of these side by side VS a newer vexlilar ice fishing that can give some feedback? Over the years I have tried a few LCD graphs with ice duecers and none of them worked as good as my vexilar. $170 is plenty of money for a 2D transducer so looking for some feedback.

Currently dragging around my garmin (for panoptix) and also my vexilar. Would like to condense down to one unit.

2. Member
    I use the GT8 on my 73sv and it works great! I don't use the flasher mode though I use A Scope

3. Member
    Wouldnt the flasher mode on the LCD be a bit laggy compared to the Vexilar?

4. Member
    Chief Brody- from someone who used to live and breathe with his Vexilar. No lag this common belief is true with the older LCD units. In fact they were also prone to freezing. My bud in Wisconsin convinced me with his 787C Humminbird.
    Helix Mega 10 SI G2N , ILink
    Garmin 1040 XS / Garmin 1242 xsv with Panoptix Down VU PS 30 W/ GCV 10 networked with PS 31. Boat Rig

Echomap Ultra 106 SV with Livescope 12 . Ice Rig

5. Member
    maybe its just me, but any time ive tried flasher mode on an LCD it just didnt seem as precise as a dedicated flasher.

A-Scope seemed better.

6. Member
    whats involved in changing the cone angles on an ice ducer?

7. Member
    You can change it on any Garmin unit by setting a single manual frequency. Each frequency has a different cone angle.
    On the Plus 93 and probably other echomap Plus units, the cone angle setting is a menu choice. It actually states the cone angle in the menu. On GPSMAP units you'll have to do a little arithmetic. For example the GT10 is 130-300 kHz and 7-16 degrees. So 300 is 7 degrees and 130 is 16 degrees. So do the math for calculate the frequency setting for 8,9.10... degrees.
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 12-19-2018 at 08:43 PM.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

8. Member
    I had for years previously used a flasher. Since purchasing my Garmin unit with an ice fishing transducer, I've retired my flasher. The Garmin combined with the ice fishing transducers work fantastic. I fish perch in 50+ feet of water with no issues, it’s even better than a Vexilar. The GT10IF is an expensive 2D transducer, but it’s well worth the money if you’re in deep water. I also own a GT8IF which I use for my pan fishing and it performs great with excellent detail down to about 30-40 feet. But the GT10IF really shines in deep water. I like having my maps, GPS coordinates and fishfinder all in one unit, no need for a Vexilar flasher anymore.
    Ranger, Z520c with Mercury, 250 Pro XS
    Garmin & Minn Kota

Quam's Marine, Stoughton, WI

9. Member
    I have a GT8IF transducer that I want to sell if anyone interested.
    Helix Mega 10 SI G2N , ILink
    Garmin 1040 XS / Garmin 1242 xsv with Panoptix Down VU PS 30 W/ GCV 10 networked with PS 31. Boat Rig

Echomap Ultra 106 SV with Livescope 12 . Ice Rig