Banned

Why so many 360 for sale?

I was looking on the electronic for sale board and noticed quite a few 360 units for sale. Is there something else new coming or is everybody going to the Garmin live Panoptix? BTW. I don’t have one or never seen one in use. Just curious

2. Member
    They might be changing, but most those 360’s for sale do not have the gps heading puck with them and that will cost a extra 150.00 or more to add to a used unit. I picked up a new 360 with puck and in the box off internet shopping for 811.00 shipped and no sales tax and a new one has the warantee. Shop around if interested.

The videos of the Livescope are pretty interesting to say the least.... a big step up from their 1St gen Panoptix. I'm not sure if people are selling their 360 and then get the Livescope or not.... but I have seen posts from Lowrance and Humminbird users who are giving Garmin another look. For the crappie fishermen is is REALLY appealing.

This is a major crack in the dike for Humminbird .... they need to come up with a response to this technology.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

4. Member
    I bass fished tourneys all over in the mid 70’s, 80’s, and early 90’s before serious burnout. Didn’t fish for about 8 yrs afterwards, now chase crappies, gills and walleyes. There are a few serious crappie fishermen going back to 360 after using garmin. 360 suits my style of fishing and what I want to see. I prefer to see more than just a aim or frontal view of structure and the bottom besides fish,,, being raised as a structure fisherman. I prefer the picture 360 paints for me. Do I need it to improve my catch ratio? No, but doesn’t hurt a thing to have that bit of edge to locate and catch fish. Pressure on our fish populations is constantly increasing and anything that gives you a edge on catching fish is worth it. Each to his own as lots of different electronics to choose for their style of fishing. Humminbird is hard to beat no matter what as I have had them all since buying my first depth finder in 72. Just my 2 cents.

5. Member
    Sick of software issues and the great product Garmin is putting out
    Nitro z21

6. Member
    Most I have helped are wanting the ultrex model since they swapped trolling motors selling the fortrex one

I just bought a 360 yesterday and can’t wait for it to show up! Should be a great addition to my Helix 12s.

Quote Originally Posted by chaseerry View Post
    I just bought a 360 yesterday and can’t wait for it to show up! Should be a great addition to my Helix 12s.
    Its still a great investment IMO. Panoptix has its uses but you don't get a 360 degree view of the structure around you like with 360. Without it I would have never caught some of the biggest fish I have because I would have totally missed the isolated submerged cover and structure without it. You can also chase bait schools much better with it if you know what to look for. I think eventually Humminbird will have to at least come out with a MEGA version of 360, this way we can be able to scan at faster speeds without losing as much resolution and clarity, but the current 360 is still really good.

The Livescope and the 360 definitely fill 2 different nitches ... the 360 is kind of a way to get a side imaging view all around you even while sitting still and will give you a view of the structure layout you can't get from something like Livescope.

On the other hand, Livescope gives you information you can't get from a 360 .... such as how deep the fish are holding and how they are reacting to your bait.

If you were a crappie fisherman wanting to locate and fish a known brush pile either one will help you get to your waypoint and to some extent the 360 can tell you if there are any crappie there ... but with Livescope you have a whole other level of information about where the fish are located on the brush, how deep, how active, how they respond to your bait, etc
    If you are a bass fisherman and want to make a cast into a pocket in a weedline or parallel to a weedlline ... or the approach angle you need to bring a bait right down the trunk of a submerged timber ...360 is going to show you exactly how to make your cast.

Both are great tools and it depends on how you fish which one is going to be best. There may be few electronic hounds who would want 360 ... and Livescope but I doubt there are very many. There may be a LOT of people who would like to have Humminbird for the best possible imaging and Livescope to show you what your Humminbird unit can't.

Here's a comparison video from crappie fishermen.

11. Member
    I keep asking for videos of using Livescope in rough water does it work in rough water? Any video I have seen it is just about dead calm and the boat is mostly anchored..

In the video looks a lot like DI or good old 2D if you set it up right.
    Last edited by TomP.; 12-17-2018 at 08:15 AM.

12. Member
    Probably alot of tech jumpers. Something new comes out and they have to have it. They'll swap to next new thing whenever it comes out. The live scope looks cool but for the way I fish the 360 is still a far better tool than garmin

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfootbuilt View Post
    Its still a great investment IMO. Panoptix has its uses but you don't get a 360 degree view of the structure around you like with 360. Without it I would have never caught some of the biggest fish I have because I would have totally missed the isolated submerged cover and structure without it. You can also chase bait schools much better with it if you know what to look for. I think eventually Humminbird will have to at least come out with a MEGA version of 360, this way we can be able to scan at faster speeds without losing as much resolution and clarity, but the current 360 is still really good.
    Right on. I've come to love SI on my trolling motor, but so often I pass things and think DANG I wish I knew that was there before I went right over it. I can't wait to be able to 'line up' casts knowing that brush pile is at EXACTLY 2 o'clock.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TomP. View Post
    I keep asking for videos of using Livescope in rough water does it work in rough water? Any video I have seen it is just about dead calm and the boat is mostly anchored..

In the video looks a lot like DI or good old 2D if you set it up right.
    In this video it appears to be in some nice rollers, I watched about half of it and the guy never zoomed in real close to the screen, but it seemed to work good for him.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chaseerry View Post
    Right on. I've come to love SI on my trolling motor, but so often I pass things and think DANG I wish I knew that was there before I went right over it. I can't wait to be able to 'line up' casts knowing that brush pile is at EXACTLY 2 o'clock.
    That's where 360 comes in to play...throw in it the first time and every time. aaa360.jpg

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL