Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Nick Saban...what were you thinking?

I’ve always been a huge fan of Saban but I lost some respect for him today. He clearly showed it’s a win at all cost at Bama. Hiring Lane Kiffen a few years ago was one thing but hiring DJ Durkin is clearly another. He has hired some great “consultants” in the past but this time it’s a very bad look for Alabama. Durkin brings no expertise beyond his bullying abuse. Even Finebaum is critical and he kisses Saban’s butt daily.

2. Member
    Nick Saban does NOTHING wrong….someone will be along shortly to set the record straight.

3. Banned
    I started a thread on it yesterday. IMO its a non story. I don't care much for Saban, but the Maryland coach was a scapegoat for an unfortunate incident.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....902&highlight=

From what I've read, the guy sounds like a douche, and I agree Saban could have made much better choices. But I'll hold judgement until I see how he fits into the Bama football program. Saban rules with an iron fist. I doubt he'll allow anything, or anyone, to derail the program and football culture he's built.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

5. Member
    Saban is a believer in second chances, this is not his first foray into controversial coaches and players. Some of Bama nation will find fault but never cross the line into saying he needs reigned in on stuff like this or calling for his job. Had this been Urban Meyer the whole country including Bama nation would be calling for his job. I suspect they would also have done the same for any Coach in the Nation except for Saban.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    I started a thread on it yesterday. IMO its a non story. I don't care much for Saban, but the Maryland coach was a scapegoat for an unfortunate incident.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....902&highlight=
    Sorry, didn’t see your post yesterday.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Saban is a believer in second chances, this is not his first foray into controversial coaches and players. Some of Bama nation will find fault but never cross the line into saying he needs reigned in on stuff like this or calling for his job. Had this been Urban Meyer the whole country including Bama nation would be calling for his job. I suspect they would also have done the same for any Coach in the Nation except for Saban.
    I heard he's hiring Urb as his new OC..

8. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    He was NOT a scapegoat, he was in charge of the practice the player was in distress and nothing was done. All protocals were ignored, took over an hour to call an ambulance, by the time he was in the hospital his internal body temp was 106.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingwillie View Post
    I’ve always been a huge fan of Saban but I lost some respect for him today. He clearly showed it’s a win at all cost at Bama. Hiring Lane Kiffen a few years ago was one thing but hiring DJ Durkin is clearly another. He has hired some great “consultants” in the past but this time it’s a very bad look for Alabama. Durkin brings no expertise beyond his bullying abuse. Even Finebaum is critical and he kisses Saban’s butt daily.
    They hired his OC so he hired their HC.

10. Member
    Wait til Lawler see this

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    He was NOT a scapegoat, he was in charge of the practice the player was in distress and nothing was done. All protocals were ignored, took over an hour to call an ambulance, by the time he was in the hospital his internal body temp was 106.
    Someone had to be the fall guy for everyone to feel better about themselves.

12. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Someone had to be the fall guy for everyone to feel better about themselves.
    Was a complete lack of doing his job and it cost a young man his life. There is no way just to sweep that under the rug as an "oh well things happen".
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    Was a complete lack of doing his job and it cost a young man his life. There is no way just to sweep that under the rug as an "oh well things happen".
    To have the direct one on one correlation you are suggesting, then he would've been brought up on criminal charges.

14. Member
    To have the direct one on one correlation you are suggesting, then he would've been brought up on criminal charges.
    Don't need a criminal conviction to be found guilty in a wrongful death suit which would lead some to believe he was a contributing factor in the death. He could end up losing everything. I'm sure if it were your son you would like to know who, what, where, why, and when. The buck leads to and stops somewhere.

15. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Maryland law caps wrongful death lawsuit damages to 2 million dollars....but allows for lost earnings which could be high in this situation.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Don't need a criminal conviction to be found guilty in a wrongful death suit which would lead some to believe he was a contributing factor in the death. He could end up losing everything. I'm sure if it were your son you would like to know who, what, where, why, and when. The buck leads to and stops somewhere.
    So the school needs a fall guy. Multiple layers and folks involved, the kid included, but we need to hang someone, it just makes everyone feel better.

17. Member
    So the school needs a fall guy. Multiple layers and folks involved, the kid included, but we need to hang someone, it just makes everyone feel better.
    Yeah, i see now, it was the kids fault.

18. Banned
    The KID included?????? Seriously are you saying the KID that died has any responsibility in his own death?

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    The KID included?????? Seriously are you saying the KID that died has any responsibility in his own death?
    Partially yes, and you cannot be intellectually honest and say otherwise. A lot of mistakes were made here, Jordan, the trainers, the coach all along the way.

20. Member
    Partially yes, and you cannot be intellectually honest and say otherwise. A lot of mistakes were made here, Jordan, the trainers, the coach all along the way.
    i don’t think the parents give a rats azz how intellectually honest you are. Unless that young man had a known pre existing condition.....and chose to play in spite of it.....there is no way he or his family are responsible. As head coach Durkin is responsible because the buck stops with him. I’m guessing a wrongful death suit is in the making or even settled by now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast