Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    It won't be the first time a football athlete died at Maryland and the intellectually honest members rushed to a settlement even though GBS would probably assign responsibility to that player also.

Quote Originally Posted by kickerfish1 View Post
    Wait til Lawler see this
    Nick Saban don't care what you think about it and he don't care what I think about it either...he told me that over or our last lunch meeting over game planning..

I don't know what you expect me to say about it...but I'll try.. Jimmy Sexton....they all have the same agent...every coach that has ever came into the program as a consultant...had Jimmy Sexton as an agent...that ain't difficult to figure out...IF Durkin stays and gets hired on the coaching staff, it will be because he's a defensive minded coach and he's been voted one of the best recruiters in the country...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

3. Banned
    hmm

What an I thinking? Nicky Boy has one of the nicest mansions on lake Burton!!! All $ 5 million Worth
    Last edited by grayline; 12-15-2018 at 09:42 AM.

5. Member
    DJ Durkin was and is a bully coach along with his strength coach. I think coaches need to have authority and respect his players which gets the players respect. I believe in second chances also. But i don’t believe he really thought he did anything wrong in the players death. It starts and stops at the head coach!
    I wish he would the NCAA would have suspended him. For a year or at least this year.
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

6. Member

7. Member
    I'm not sure he's there in any official capacity other than observation *(a very similar situation with a players death and escalated internal body temp happened back in 79 to a member of our college wrestling team tragic)*

8. Member
    Frankly, I am surprised Sankey approved of this move. Speculation was Saban wanted Freeze last year and this year Freeze has been discussed but passed by several teams looking for OC’s in the conference. All, believed to be, due to Sankey’s moral position, for which I agree.

Yes, Sexton appears to be the puppet master here, but institutions (and those running them) have a choice to make.....

9. Member
    Saban was forced to make this BS statement as a result of the “The firestorm of negative reaction” from Bama fans and the general public.

10. Member
    I would not want my son to play for the scunbsg from Maryland in any capacity. How about you?

Quote Originally Posted by like2fish2 View Post
    I would not want my son to play for the scunbsg from Maryland in any capacity. How about you?
    Would you want him to play for Nick Saban???

Quote Originally Posted by Big Orange Basser View Post
    Yes, Sexton appears to be the puppet master here, but institutions (and those running them) have a choice to make.....
    And what choice is that, and what choice is that? Do I or don't I trust Nick Saban to make good decisions???
    Last edited by mrlawler1; 12-15-2018 at 10:01 AM.

Jonathan Hillstrand

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Partially yes, and you cannot be intellectually honest and say otherwise. A lot of mistakes were made here, Jordan, the trainers, the coach all along the way.

13. Member
    I found it a bit odd that he is not there working for Bama or Saban so they say, but he is breaking down game film of Oklahoma. If it's to better yourself why wouldn't you be watching game film from Georgia or Clemson, the two teams who have given Bama the most trouble and are two teams who are not their next opponent. Durbin shouldn't even be on campus until he gets another coaching job. Saban would hire him in a heartbeat if the backlash hadn't been so strong and i'm guessing not the least of which came from the NCAA. I doubt anyone wants to see an investigation from them for any reasons. Saban doesn't need this clown to win games, I think the favors to each other are strong in coaching.

14. Banned
    [QUOTE=mrlawler1;9870274]Nick Saban don't care what you think about it and he don't care what I think about it either...he told me that over or our last lunch meeting over game planning.. You and Nick have lunch to go over game planning. Really

15. Member
    Had to refresh my memory on what happened. IMO there is more than one person from Maryland who should not be able to be employed by any athletic facility. I wouldn't want them even teaching an elementary PE class. There were just too many misses to just write this off as an accident. This was pure neglect.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Partially yes, and you cannot be intellectually honest and say otherwise. A lot of mistakes were made here, Jordan, the trainers, the coach all along the way.
    Really not sure what to say that you would understand. That KID was doing what the coach were telling him to do they hold all of the responsibilities to take care of their players. Being the head coach it is was responsibility and his alone.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Really not sure what to say that you would understand. That KID was doing what the coach were telling him to do they hold all of the responsibilities to take care of their players. Being the head coach it is was responsibility and his alone.
    I agree.. I'm not what the kid was supposed to do. Was he supposed to run to the sidelines and take his own vitals. He showed signs of heat stroke and they were ignored. Its the responsibility of the staff to ensure proper protocol is followed and needed equipment is available. It didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Not true...yes it falls on the head coach but when running 110s and when one guys falls behind especially a big guy like that it's not on one person ..the training staff are an entire team of folks that are supposed to notice this kind of stuff...head athletic trainer is supposed to be able to overrule the coach when a player is in distress... ultimately it falls on the coach but this should fall on the entire training staff because they failed this kid...

Jonathan Hillstrand

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    Not true...yes it falls on the head coach but when running 110s and when one guys falls behind especially a big guy like that it's not on one person ..the training staff are an entire team of folks that are supposed to notice this kind of stuff...head athletic trainer is supposed to be able to overrule the coach when a player is in distress... ultimately it falls on the coach but this should fall on the entire training staff because they failed this kid...
    Now I do agree with this. There are several who were negligent in this incident. It was not just one person.

20. Member
    He should never be a head coach again, he has proven he cannot hire competent staff and that is solely on him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast