Thread: Marine carpet

Marine carpet

Does anyone know where I can get a small amount of marine carpet? I need to carpet a roughly 26" x 8" area. I am putting a vertical plate closing in the step up to the front deck to put a glove box there. Most places I am seeing are 6' wide and minimum 3' in length.
    Also I know 15 years of fading changed the color, but would there be a specific color name for my 03 521vx. Like say "charcoal" or "gunmetal"? I don't need exact, especially because I will be cutting a 8" x 14" hole out of it. Close would be cool though. Thanks

2. Banned
    Try a contrast colour they ties in with the boat. That may look sharp.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtracc View Post
    Try a contrast colour they ties in with the boat. That may look sharp.
    I like this idea! Interior of the boat is white, and the glove box I am purchasing is also white. Something to mix it up might be perfect in there. Especially to make the box not look like too much white.
    I just found a guy on ebay, under $7 a foot with no minimum. so a 6' x 2' piece would be fine for $15.00

4. Banned
    If you were recarpeting the boat I'd say keep the same but trying to match the colour gonna be tough even if the carpet is factory match. Good look show us when she all done.

5. Member
    Only thing that is making me think close color would be good enough is, the box i'm putting in will take up most of the space.

I will definitely take pictures of the whole journey. Taking the console out first. This project after.

6. Member
    i bought a piiece at lowes 6ft by 8ft charcoal indoor outdoor carpet for 21 .00 am redoing bunks on boat

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince521VX View Post
    I like this idea! Interior of the boat is white, and the glove box I am purchasing is also white. Something to mix it up might be perfect in there. Especially to make the box not look like too much white.
    I just found a guy on ebay, under $7 a foot with no minimum. so a 6' x 2' piece would be fine for $15.00
    Try your local bass boat service departments. What color is your current carpet? I once had to replace a small piece of carpet on the back deck of my Z20, and my ranger dealer had an extra carpet roll from other ranger services, and an exact match for my carpet. Sure it was years newer than mine, but after a few years you couldn't tell the difference.
    Fish frequently, my friends! ----------<')))><
    2001 Triton TR20, 225L OptiMax, 26" Tempest Plus, Serial No: PT345686

8. Member
    Vince, if it helps any,the grey colors from Ranger back then were called light ash and dark ash. There was a noticeable difference in them.

9. Member
    Ranger parts. They had pre cut sizes for lids.

10. Member
    thanks all. I would think I have dark ash. I'm sure I can look that up and see the difference.