Thread: NFL ban lifted?

"If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

2. Member
    Reporter having a slow day.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by retiredmechanic View Post
    Reporter having a slow day.
    Not a reporter. Satirist. That's The Onion, which is literally a fake-news satire newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggen View Post
    Not a reporter. Satirist. That's The Onion, which is literally a fake-news satire newspaper.
    Glad you made that clear, I was sure it was true I was convinced everything the Onion wrote was true, just look at their about page:

"The Onion is the world’s leading news publication, offering highly acclaimed, universally revered coverage of breaking national, international, and local news events. Rising from its humble beginnings as a print newspaper in 1756, The Onion now enjoys a daily readership of 4.3 trillion and has grown into the single most powerful and influential organization in human history."

How can that not be true
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sdbrison View Post
    Glad you made that clear, I was sure it was true I was convinced everything the Onion wrote was true, just look at their about page:

"The Onion is the world’s leading news publication, offering highly acclaimed, universally revered coverage of breaking national, international, and local news events. Rising from its humble beginnings as a print newspaper in 1756, The Onion now enjoys a daily readership of 4.3 trillion and has grown into the single most powerful and influential organization in human history."

How can that not be true
    And you're not being sarcastic at all. I knew that you knew it was satire, but when retiredmechanic referenced the "reporter" I wasn't so sure about him. I see a lot of people get riled up about obvious satire around here, so it seemed prudent to nip that in the bud.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggen View Post
    And you're not being sarcastic at all. I knew that you knew it was satire, but when retiredmechanic referenced the "reporter" I wasn't so sure about him. I see a lot of people get riled up about obvious satire around here, so it seemed prudent to nip that in the bud.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    You mean everything in the Onion isn't True?

Does that include the things that you really want to believe are true so they get posted as fact on social media so thousands of people will see it but won't read it who then turn around and share it on more internet sites because it's what they want to believe then it eventually becomes a well known fact?

8. Member
    You have permission to watch Mayfield & the Browns.
    Boomer Sooner

Xpress H-56 Yamaha 115

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by senkoboy View Post
    You have permission to watch Mayfield & the Browns.
    Boomer Sooner
    Will be watching my favorite QB since Bernie Kosar! Go Baker!

10. Member
    Oh the Onion

11. Member
    #6 has a tough game against the Broncos on the road tonight.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    The Onion is one of the funniest publications ever printed! It's not easy to write satire. Headline when George W. Bush was sworn in for his first term - "Our Long National Nightmare of Peace and Prosperity is Finally Over". Irregardless of political persuasion that is funny.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway