Banned

Custom Face Plates???

Anybody make custom face plates for the bow and dash of a Phoenix? I've decided to fabricate my own electronics mount, but don't have to tools / skills to make a nice face plate. I'd be happy with just and aluminum face plate cut to size that I can paint / coat myself.

thx

djd

2. Member
    Take a look at Precision Sonar. They make some great heavy duty plates. I have them on my boat with their electronics mount.

2022 21PHX

Previous boats:
    2017 Phoenix 721 ProXP
    2000 Triton TR186

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I made one to fill in the on the bow shroud. Made it from the marine starboard. used a jigsaw to cut, bench grinder to smooth out the edges as even as possible and then a router to give the top edge a smooth round edge.

YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    I made one to fill in the on the bow shroud. Made it from the marine starboard. used a jigsaw to cut, bench grinder to smooth out the edges as even as possible and then a router to give the top edge a smooth round edge.

I did the same but used aluminum plate, and had it powder coated to match the texture of the plastic surround.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

5. Banned
    Any board sponsors do this? Precision Sonar only sells their mounts... Don't want to pay $299 for just the plate I need.

Quote Originally Posted by djd View Post
    Anybody make custom face plates for the bow and dash of a Phoenix? I've decided to fabricate my own electronics mount, but don't have to tools / skills to make a nice face plate. I'd be happy with just and aluminum face plate cut to size that I can paint / coat myself.

thx

djd
    What year and Model Phoenix?
    I made a temporary one for the console and bow of my 2013 721 until I got mine from BBT.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP

7. Banned
    2011 Phoenix 721Pro XP with the Big / 5" Gauges

I could probably help you out. I have the larger gauges and the pattern for the console and bow plates. Let me see if I can locate them and we’ll go from there. I ordered this aluminum plate from Amazon and used two plates to sandwich the plates between the console lip. I then covered with carbon fiber 3M Di-Noc vinyl, the stuff they wrap cars with. Used a heat gun to stretch and smooth it at the corners.
    Plate aluminum
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Di-Noc vinyl

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP

9. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TX721 View Post
    I could probably help you out. I have the larger gauges and the pattern for the console and bow plates. Let me see if I can locate them and we’ll go from there. I ordered this aluminum plate from Amazon and used two plates to sandwich the plates between the console lip. I then covered with carbon fiber 3M Di-Noc vinyl, the stuff they wrap cars with. Used a heat gun to stretch and smooth it at the corners.
    Plate aluminum

Di-Noc vinyl
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

10. Member
    See what your local trophy or plaque shop can do for you, they normally have good materials and can laser etch a logo into it if needed. Should suffice as a cover plate but not as a mount.