Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Moving that j/p up and down will get you in trouble if you don't know where it is and where it should be. Set it at a good height and leave it until you are use to the boat and what it likes. Do you have a sportmaster l/u? If you do and it is too low, it will drive like shit. A sporty should be about 1" above the pad and a torqmaster should be about 1" below the pad. A 1/2" off in height can make a big difference in how it handles.

Take it slow and it'll come.

2. Member
    Trim ain't your friend! In your Skeeter you probably jumped in , hit the gas and trimmed up till it stopped. Not how you drive a Bullet. Next time just trim up until it gets rid of most of the motor torque. Then small bumps up or down. A level across the front deck before take off will help alot at first also.
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

Quote Originally Posted by jayfaro View Post
    The other piece of advice is don’t trim too fast or too high. They don’t need much trim to begin with so over trimming and trimming to fast will get it walking. Get it on plane and once its wide open, bump, don’t lean, on the trim. Then once it settles in bump the trim again. You’ll be amazed at how little trim and how fast it gets from 45 to 80.
    This!! Tap the trim and let it settle, tap the trim again, repeat. Each trip you will get a little more out of it.

4. Member
    I've Got (3) 50lbs. Blocks W/ Handles If You Need To Use Those, We Can Meet And I Can Let You Used Those, That Will Help With The Balancing Of Your Boat, We Could Meet At Neely Henry. Steve

5. Member
    UPDATE !!!! thanks to the advice from all you guys , i am now running in the 74 mph range and under control ! im still working up to faster speeds but that feels goooood ! to actually start running in a badass boat like i should! thanks again.

6. Member
    Congrats, like said before. Seat time seat time, and a correct seat up helps

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gfxking1970 View Post
    ok guys finally got the Bullet 2018 xrs.. and i need some help from you. took it out yesterday for the first time, and i have a couple of questions? it has a 14" hydraulic jackplate and a mercury 250 proxs , a four blade bravo prop 27 t. i have been driving boats in the 70 mph range for years (my last boat was a skeeter 300 zx with a 300 yamaha hpdi. ) but yesterday i couldnt for the life of me keep that boat from doing the death wobble, (the whole boat swaying from side to side badly) at 65 mph or above.it had a half tank of fuel ,power poles , ultrex up front, my 200# rear end and no tackle of any kind in it. do i need more weight up front?? i ran the jack plate at multiple heights several different runs and still couldnt get it to stop. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

thanks, steve.

How far are you from Mobile?

There's about 75 Bullets down here, we can help you.

8. Member
    Congratulations!! Take your time and be safe. Enjoy!
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

Set your jackplate 1” above and unhook the power to it

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gfxking1970 View Post
    UPDATE !!!! thanks to the advice from all you guys , i am now running in the 74 mph range and under control ! im still working up to faster speeds but that feels goooood ! to actually start running in a badass boat like i should! thanks again.
    Running light, you got about 8 more MPH left to go (82). Running loaded with a partner you should consistently be in the 77 / 78 range.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    Set your jackplate 1” above and unhook the power to it
    Although it does not say which LU he has, I am guessing a 2018 250 ProXS has the gen2 TM. If so, 1" above is too high. 3/4" below is where you want to be. Measure your prop shaft to pad and know where it is at all times in relation to your hydro plate.

Yea thanks leebob. I skimmed and seen sporty. Im sure hes got the torquemaster. Set it to 3/4 below and unhook the power if so

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12