Problems With GPS Map 7610

Hey guys, I am having a lot of trouble with a graph of mine. It will turn on and work just fine sometimes and then other times it won't turn on at all. We have connected other graphs to the same power source and they have all worked flawlessly. We have moved this particular graph to other spots on the boat and experienced the same issue so we know whatever the problem is that it lies within the unit itself. I am certain we need to send it in to be looked at by a professional but after talking with Garmin on the phone trying to fix the issue we found out that it would cost us $900.00 just to have them look at it and fix whatever the problem is. The guy told me that since it is not under warranty that they charge a flat fee and it is what it is. So I am curious to know if there are any other companies or individuals out there that specialize in working on these graphs because if I'm going to spend $900 dollars I will just look at getting a new graph to replace it. Thanks for the help!

2. Member
    Here is what I would do. I would remove the power cord from the boat. Then I would unplug everything from the 7610. I would make up whatever I needed to connect the power cord directly to another battery. Then turn the unit on and off 10 times. Then judge whether the problem was the power setup or the unit.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    It could possibly be an intermittent connection in the inline fuse holder. They sometimes get to be real finicky.

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    You may find someone that can fix the hardware in the unit (if they have the parts) but doubt anyone will/can do software since it is proprietary ......there is a company called Clearcast that repairs units BUT it all depends on the issue.....

https://www.clearcastmarine.com/
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS