mikesxpress

DGIF increase proposal for watercraft tilting & registration fees

Public comment period is open till Dec 31, 2018.
    My take is they show no increased cost benifit data for raising the fees. Only reasoning in the proposal is they haven't had an increase for awhile. Not good enough for me. And they don't state what the projected increased fees total would be per year. Were going to get more officers on the water doing checks? Doesn't say that? Quite a few VA counties are currently without a game warden of there own so staffing is below alloted levels. Hummm?
    https://www.dgif.virginia.gov/regula...g_december2018

Well something has to be done. I purchased a boat, provided all documentation and a hefty tax $$$ so that the boat could be registered in my name, get the new VA ID #s and trailer tags. I call today to see what documentation as shown on my account, since I've been waiting for over a month to be told that this process takes 2-months. That if I still need temp tags to go back to DMV for another 90 day temp tag. Totally unacceptable practice.

If I'm looking at this right, the increase would only be $5.00. That's less than the cost of a lure or a pack of hooks, so really no big deal.

www.dgif.virginia.gov/regulations/proposed-regulation-amendment/?vac=15-380-120

4. Member
    I myself am not a fan of raising fees. If the money stays within the Dfig and is not moved to the states general fund and it will help the Game Wardens then I'm for it.

Remember they raised fees once already and not sure where they spent that. I’m also just saying 2 months to process paperwork?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassKat1 View Post
    Well something has to be done. I purchased a boat, provided all documentation and a hefty tax $$$ so that the boat could be registered in my name, get the new VA ID #s and trailer tags. I call today to see what documentation as shown on my account, since I've been waiting for over a month to be told that this process takes 2-months. That if I still need temp tags to go back to DMV for another 90 day temp tag. Totally unacceptable practice.
    DGIF has absolutely nothing to do with issuing trailer tags in the state of Virginia. Trailer tags are issued through the DMV the same as your car tags and registration.

I did have one boat registration that was taking longer than normal and I checked my account and the check written to cover the fees had cleared my account about two weeks prior. I called the office and explained it to the person on the phone as I was afraid the documentation had been lost in the mail.

I held on for a few minutes while the person went and checked and they came back and told me they found my paperwork in a stack that had yet to be processed but would get it out to me asap. I had the paperwork in my mailbox two days later.

I have found normally 3-4 weeks and any longer a phone call takes care of it.

Trailer tags though are not done within the same agency so I do not understand the game and inland fisheries telling you that as they do not deal with that transaction.
    Last edited by v_fourmax; 12-20-2018 at 08:49 AM.